Trade-in received but not assessed
racinrory

We sent in a trade-in phone and it was received about 2 weeks ago (the website correctly shows that it was received). The estimated assessed date was a week ago but still no update. The trade-in credit is for $800 so we would like to make sure it continues to go through. We have the submission ID number.

How can we check on why the assessment is taking so long? We have heard horror stories about not getting trade-in credit with verizon and so we are paranoid haha
Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in received but not assessed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We know how important it is to know the status of that trade. Rest assured, we want you to get that credit as soon as possible. Usually, devices are processed within 2 weeks once they arrive at the warehouse. The device has to go through an inspection first, and this can take a while. The credits take 1-2 billing cycles after the device is inspected to be added to the account. You can check the status here, https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/checkStatus#/ Please let us know if this helps. 

~Gina

0 Likes
Umpokyo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved? Having the same issue.

0 Likes
Umpokyo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved? I’m having the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are in the best place for support with your trade in concerns, Umpokyo. I'd be happy to help! Please send us a Private Note. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
boysing
Enthusiast - Level 1

We sent 2 trade-in phones  in two boxes.  Both were received 2024/01/13, but only one was immediately assessed.  The other had an estimate of Jan 18.  I've called Verizon multiple times since the end of January, and spoken with supervisors who say not to worry,  and that it should be updated in either a few days, a week, or even never (which they tell me doesn't matter because I've already gotten the $800 trade-in credit).  However, I've pointed out to them that 1) it's still not assessed, and needs to be, and needs to be reflected on my account, 2) other Verizon clients have reported stories of having their trade-in reversed (see https://community.verizon.com/t5/Trade-in-your-device/Trade-in-credit-being-taken-back/m-p/1689408).

A month ago, a supervisor set up a specific time to call me in two days.  They never called.

A supervisor 3 days ago said I'd receive a call from a supervisor who deals with escalations, and it would be in the next 2 days.  They never called.

I have an open incident INC0059679 that the AYS (?) team was supposed to have resolve.  It's still showing that it's not assessed.

Who can fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your account is crucial, especially if you are managing your trade-in status. Verizon is here to help.

For more details check out our trade-in FAQs: https://www.verizon.com/trade-in/faq/.

We sent you a Private Message. Please review at your earliest convenience.

~Gilbert

0 Likes
boysing
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your time on this, Gilbert.   Unfortunately, you weren't able to resolve this problem.  It really isn't enough to just say that the trade-in credit won't be reversed.  We've seen by the link I included that it has already happened to someone else?

Why can't Verizon just fix it's process to have the assessment correctly reflected?  It's happened repeatedly to customers?  It really seems that Verizon doesn't care about the hassle it's causing customers.  Otherwise, it would have been fixed the first time I contacted Verizon.   Better yet, your own process would have expedited it once the estimated assessment date of Jan 18 had elapsed.

0 Likes
vkaneria
Enthusiast - Level 3

did this ever get resolved for you?

0 Likes
vkaneria
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am asking as I am going thru the exact same scenario on trade-in, and I am being told the same thing.  "the credit won't be removed" 

0 Likes