Re: Trade-in scam
Jinhaxoxo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am very disappointed in the trade in process that Verizon wireless has conducted on my trade in. I feel as I have been cheated and scammed. There was no damage to the screen or the device as it asked and I was offered $550 based on what I answered. The problem with the phone is not relevant to what was asked, but a very very small  crack that was supposedly on the back of the phone, above the camera lens. I was enticed by the promotional offer of $550, but received merely $101. I’d never had traded in the phone otherwise. I have been with loyal Verizon customer for many years, with multiple lines. I strongly disagree with how this was handled. How could a scratch that I fail to notice, deprecated the phone by $449. That is absurd. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we are here to aid and provide guidance in any way we can. Any physical damage does lower the trade in value of the device. Please submit inquiries to us in a Private Note.

0 Likes
TOMW1

Was told my device was worth $550.  iPhone 6 16gb.  This was 11/22/20, and website STILL shows that, 

Here's your estimated trade-in value.

$550.00

($22.92/mo. over 24 months).

Verizon gave me $12 and said the device received was different. They say it was supposed to be a 6s. No. It wasn't. Something got changed. The only difference between the 6 and the 6s is the s used a slightly heavier aluminum frame to help prevent the bending issues the 6 had (if people put them in their back pocket and sat down for example, the phones might bend a little).

Verizon's website says the 6 and 6s are both worth $550 for Trade-in. It does NOT say the 6 is worth $12 for a trade-in. I am getting scammed. Add my name to this LONG LONG list. SCAMMED!

Who will help me? Anyone? Verizon?
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TOMW1, we want to make sure you get the most out of the trade in. Was there any damage to the phone you traded in (cracks, liquid damage)? 

0 Likes
THE_BOZES

I wish you the best. I got messed up myself. I switched over to Verizon in Nov 2020. I was told that my iPhone X's wouldn't work with Verizon. But I could trade them in. So I did. I brought 6 lines over from Verizon. Now I am being charged for 6 brand new phones. Every-time I call the customer service number I am on hold for over an hour then get "disconnected". I went back to the store and asked for my phones back within the first two weeks so I could go back to my old carrier. They no longer have my phones and have no way of getting me replacements. They will not unlock my phones to go to another carrier until they are completely paid off. MY IPHONE X's were paid off. To top it off, the Black Friday 300 special, only applies to two phones not all 6. What a joke. I was with my last carrier for 15 years. I only switched because of better service in a few locations. Boy do I regret it. If I could ever get ahold of a verizon customer service rep, i will be canceling my account. I would rather go back to a few cruddy signal locations that deal with incompetent reps that can never get a straight answer from. Bye Bye Verizon.

0 Likes
Dstl

This is so frustrating! I would never have purchased this phone except for promotion emailed to me. Trade in value was decreased to $51 for:We have received a different device than expected, Better qualifying promotion found. 
What does that even mean? We have been with Verizon for almost 20 years and this is a reason to leave. We sent in the phones that we had been using so why would it be a different device? What a scam!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes