Trade in value reduced
tdygert

I traded in my device this month.  It was received but when it was evaluated it said the device was not what was expected and they reduced the trade in value from 800 to 84.  I know the device was in perfect working order with not even a scratch on it.  On the trade in status screen it says it was expecting:

Apple iPhone 8 Plus 64GB in Space Gray

And it says it received

iPhone 8 Plus

Am I really getting this reduction because they can't type in the received device using the same words as the expected device.  The IMEA is the same as well.  No other explanation is given.  

0 Likes
Re: Trade in value reduced
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tdygert, I want to ensure your trade in concerns are resolved ASAP. Let's take a look into your account to get started. Please send us a Private Note, we are standing by to help!  

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
tdygert

I got an email asking if the problem was resolved.  According to a chat that I had this could not be resolved immediately and might take a couple of billing cycles.  They said that they would be able to give me the full trade in value, but I don't want to mark this as resolved until it truly is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@tdygert

That's understandable. Correcting the trade-in promotional credits takes 1-2 billing cycles to reflect on your bill. I'm confident that the phone representative could fix this trade-in value issue for you. Just let us know should you have any further wireless questions or concerns.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to address your wireless concerns, and thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless. Have an excellent rest of your day and week!

-Tony

0 Likes