Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade ins stolen because of wrong shipping label
Sarah518

Has anyone lost their phones to verizon because of their inaccurate shipping process/directions?  As part of the $440 trade in deal, I purchased 3 new iphones. When delivered, I followed the directions in the box to send all 3, perfectly working and clean phones back in the ONE package they sent with the ONE return label. I even called Verizon to confirm this is correct as it seemed odd to send all 3 with one sku. Sure enough, I got a confirmation email that lists all 3 phones under one submission number with “your phone (singluar) looks great and you will receive $440.”  Well, my other 2 phones were even better and I should be receiving $440 x 3! When I looked on my account as the email suggested, it appears as though I never shipped the other 2 phones as they were all shipped with the one label they sent me and told me use.

I have tried returning the email with explanation and pictures and calling with hearing “yes, yes, don’t worry”… but receiving no documentation. The 25 minute phone call I had yesterday ended with me supposedly receiving a confirmation email of the conversation and the rep understanding the situation… never happened.  This is theft as far as I’m concerned… at least send my phones back to me! So wrong, and clearly whoever packed our new phones is inept and did not send all of the correct shipping packages and labels for my phone returns. I should not have to pay for Verizon’s carelessness!

Re: Trade ins stolen because of wrong shipping label
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure you get the credit for your trade ins, and would like to gather more details. Did you get a confirmation or submission ID? 

~Pam

0 Likes
Sarah518

This problem has been completely resolved today by other reps who responded to another posting/question I had about this problem. Lots of confusion that could have been avoided from the beginning… but I am happy it has been resolved.

0 Likes
kylerichert

I've had the exact same issue. My wife accidentally sent her phone using the wrong shipping label. Now, Verizon is saying they don't have her phone and have no proof of her sending the device even though we have a UPS shipping confirmation that the device was received in good order. They're taking a $500 + phone and saying "We don't have it." That statement is patently untrue. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want to see the trade-in get accepted without hassle! I apologize for any inconvenience as we are dedicated to tracking down the device. Please send a Private Note and we can offer more personalized support. 

-Yale

0 Likes