Trading phones
lizd2

Hi, My friend has an iPhone 4S and I have an iPhone 6 Plus on a new contract. Each phone is under our own separate accounts. I would like to have the smaller 4S and she would like the bigger screen of the 6 Plus. Is there a way to switch our phones while I am still under contract? Since the 4S and 6 have different sim cards, I know I can't just swap them. I would still be paying the upfront costs for the 6 Plus and the same each month, but I wasn't sure if Verizon would do it. Anyone done this successfully? Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trading phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lizd2,

We certainly understand that situations change over time where you are no longer needing a phone. We can cover some options that should help clear up some gray areas here for you. The iPhone 6 Plus that you have, was it purchased as a 2 year contract or under the Edge program? If its part of the 2 year contract then it is as easy as swapping the devices and then we would provide her with a new sim card to activate it under her account. If it is with Edge then the same would apply but you would be the one still paying the monthly Edge payment until you are able to Edge up or pay the full buy out amount. I certainly hope this helps but please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Trading phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lizd2,

We certainly understand that situations change over time where you are no longer needing a phone. We can cover some options that should help clear up some gray areas here for you. The iPhone 6 Plus that you have, was it purchased as a 2 year contract or under the Edge program? If its part of the 2 year contract then it is as easy as swapping the devices and then we would provide her with a new sim card to activate it under her account. If it is with Edge then the same would apply but you would be the one still paying the monthly Edge payment until you are able to Edge up or pay the full buy out amount. I certainly hope this helps but please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes