Transfer Home number
deeflutterby

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to transfer my home phone number to a cell phone.  

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transfer Home number
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
Actually, I believe landline numbers can be ported just like a wireless number. I think it's an FCC mandate.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

If you want to forward the home phone calls to your cell phone you can use call forwarding on your home phone service.

If you want to "port" your home phone number to BE your cell phone number - I have no idea if this can be done or not.  I know numbers can be ported between cell phone carriers, not so sure about porting between landline and cell phones.

0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Are you asking to take your Home Phone number and turn that in to your Cellular Number?  Doubtful as the Landline Carrier owns the number, but I am not sure if you had AT&T as your Landline what they would say if you wanted to do what you are asking.  Please give them a call and let me know as I would like that answer..

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
Actually, I believe landline numbers can be ported just like a wireless number. I think it's an FCC mandate.
0 Likes
deeflutterby

Yes, I was wondering if I could "port" my home number to a cell phone.  Couldnt remember what it was called, sorry.  I thought I heard that you could, but wasnt sure.  Thanks for your answers, I will look into a further. 

0 Likes