Transferring Lines - What is involved?
ccmarie12

Hi there, I have been sharing an account with my mom for the past 7.5 years, and she is wanting to switch to her boyfriend's plan when her contract is up (he's with Sprint). I would benefit financially by adding myself to my husband's family's plan, but they are in a different part of the country. I know we've run across a few problems in the past with certain phone numbers not being able to transfer to certain plans. Can anyone tell me if I can keep my Louisiana number if I transfer my line to a Nevada account? Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transferring Lines - What is involved?
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, you may keep your same cell phone number no matter which state your family resides in. Your husband will be required to do an Assumption of Liability. An AOL (assumption of liability) change is the process of transferring an account's financial liability from an existing Account Owner to another Account Owner. The account owner of the Verizon family plan and the account owner of the account that you are on need to be present at the time the change is made. 

0 Likes
djkwaves

Can the transfer be done on line or does it have to be done in person?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello djkwaves,
I can clarify!  A transfer of accounts must be done with a Verizon Wireless representative. If you need assistance doing so you can call *611 from your device, 800-922-0204 from any phone or DM me your name and mobile number.  Thank you!  ^TB

0 Likes