Trying to register new iPhone 5 but get "Account is no longer active"
lynnes6750

HELP...To start, I was a Verizon customer several years ago, but went to AT&T to get an iphone.  Yesterday I purchased a new iphone 5 and came back to Verizon Wireless.  I asked to keep my same number (which by the way was the original number from Verizon when I moved to AT&T).  The lady at the store was very helpful and took care of all the transferring of my old number to my new iphone.  When I got home I decided to register my iphone with Verizon Wireless, and thinking that my old account was no longer available, put in my  number (and also the same number from years ago with Verizon), and new password.  I thought it was registered, and didn't go further than the registration screen before logging off.  This morning, I tried to get on (logging in with my number/user ID and password and the next screen said the account was no longer active.  I tried again and my very old (from years ago) user ID popped up and I tried that one also, but the same screen came up saying the account was no longer active.  I called your Customer Care line a couple times and talked to some very nice people.  The first told me she couldn't see where I was registered at all and to try again.  I did, but the same thing happened.  I called again and got another nice person who tried to help me get enrolled in Auto Pay, but I couldn't find my credit card fast enough and got cut off.  So, my question is, can someone tell me how I can be put back to an active account so I can get online to set up my auto pay account as well as other things?   Thanks for any help!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trying to register new iPhone 5 but get "Account is no longer active"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there lynnes6750,

Welcome back to Verizon Wireless! We are so happy to have you back on the network! I am glad that overall you got great service at the store! Let's try and get you online ASAP. It sounds like we have a bit of a conflict with the old username that you had when you were a customer prior. Have we tried to completely unregister your line and the register it under the new account? You also may need to make a new username. I know that you said that there was a pop up of your old username, so we might need to do a quick clean up of your phone number and usernames. We can do this on our end if you want to call 800-922-0204. Please let us know so that we can get you fully registered!

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Trying to register new iPhone 5 but get "Account is no longer active"
lynnes6750

I am registered now as of 09/28/12 thanks to the very nice lady at your Customer Care line who helped me.

Thanks for getting back to me and it's good to be back!

0 Likes