Two phones on same account, one roaming the other isn't?
adrysdale

My husband and I both have the Samsung Galaxy S3. His phone has been roaming for days now, and my phone hasn't been. How can this be? We have a share everything plan that is nationwide. Will we be charged for roaming?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Two phones on same account, one roaming the other isn't?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the mobile network type and verify it is set to LTE/CDMA and not Global.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Two phones on same account, one roaming the other isn't?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

adrysdale,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your husbands line. We can definitely make sure to resolve this. Are you currently out of the country or near the border of another country? If not make sure that his LTE/CDMA is turned on in the Mobile Networks option of settings. If that is set up properly you can also turn off the mobile network on the device, then power the device on and off and turn it back on. Test this out and let us know if you see any change. If nothing we will proceed with different options. Overall, as long as you are not near an international area you will not be charged any kind of roaming fees.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Two phones on same account, one roaming the other isn't?
adrysdale

We live near Seattle, WA, and neither of us have gone close to Canada. I turned his phone on airplane mode, and then off of airplane mode. It fixed it. Still not sure what the cause was. I hope it doesn't continue to happen.

0 Likes