Two year contracts are still around?
moe51
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought Verizon did away with two year contracts last year or even earlier than that.  But I am looking to upgrade my wife's phone and low and behold there are 3 pricing options presented to me:

(this is a Moto Z3)

$20/month

2-year contract $149.99

Retail price: $480

So apparently there are two year contracts now?  And what does this even mean?  Our plan is "The New Verizon Plan Unlimited".  It used to be that if you got a two year contract you paid more per month for your plan, but we are not doing that now and I am terrified that if I buy this phone on the contract that our monthly payments will be impacted.  I had a similar situation when I looked at buying a Note 9 back in August and when I chatted with customer service they swore there were no more two year contracts but when he saw it in my shopping cart all he could say is "seems like a good deal and you should take it".  What???

So, are there still two year contracts, and what does a two year contract mean to my monthly payments now and what if I cancel before two years are up, or change the phone before two years are up? I cannot find the fine print anywhere.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Two year contracts are still around?
rodneym_vzw
Verizon Employee

Moe51, making sure I have the correct details when upgrading is vital to me as well. I will make sure we provide you with the accurate information on upgrading options. Please share with me are you a business customer or consumer customer? Where did you see this option for 2-year agreement?

0 Likes
Re: Two year contracts are still around?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

If you are business customers yes. If you are residential only on things like tablets, jetpacks etc. Why would you want a 2 year contact anyway? Your line fee would go up by $20 a month and that's an extra $480 over 2 years which is the cost of the phone

0 Likes