UPS "LOST" VERIZON TRADE IN - NO HELP FROM VERIZON AT ALL
gsbecamegm

We traded in our old phones and purchased new iPhone 13's on March 19, 2002.   The old phones were sent back to verizon via UPS box/label provided by verizon store the first week of April.  On May 3, 2022, we received an email saying our trade in devices were not received, with a link to click on the return status.  That link brought us to UPS where it clearly said "package received" and then "damaged in transit."   We called Verizon that day, provided the tracking number, and we were told that Verizon would be opening a ticket with UPS and that not to worry our $1,400 credit would appear on the next bill.  Well - that didn't happen.  Called Verizon again on June 3, gave them the tracking number and was advised that they opened a ticket with UPS and that we will see the credit on the next bill.  Again - didn't happen.    Same thing when we called in July.   

On August 10, 2022, I again called Verizon.   This time when I clicked on the link in the original email, it no longer had a tracking number. I'm so angry at myself I didn't screenshot it or print it out originally.  The very nice gentleman on the phone said not to worry, he saw the records about how many times we called and the problem with UPS, had the tracking number, and he was applying the credit and we would see it on our 8/26/2022 bill.   Guess what?   Didn't happen.

I called Verizon again today - after a very UNHELPFUL conversation with the rudest customer service agent I've ever encountered (Monique), I was told that I needed to contact UPS myself and that since I didn't have the tracking number, there was nothing they could do to help me.  I said that Verizon already had all of that information and I was specifically told that it was handled.  She told me "no - there's no help I'm offering you."  I asked if she could provide me with the tracking number since it is a verizon UPS account, and I was told "no."  I asked for a supervisor, she told me "no."   

What is my recourse, if any?  #nohelpfromverizon #upsisjustasbad

0 Likes
Re: UPS "LOST" VERIZON TRADE IN - NO HELP FROM VERIZON AT ALL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear about the issue and trouble you're having with UPS losing your Trade-in. Let me get more details to assist you. Did you file a investigation with UPS about the issue? Please send us a private  message so we can look into your concerns. -Ed

0 Likes