Unable to activate Hulu
jchild45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trying to activate my Hulu account I get the error message, "We could not complete your request right now. Please try again later.". I spoke with Verizon, Hulu, and Disney and they are all pointing the finger at each other. Apparently the Hulu account is tied to an email address that does not belong to me, and Hulu is unable to do anything with it.

Was told by Verizon that deactivating my bundle and reactivating after 24 hours should resolve this issue. This was not the case.

After searching the internet it seems to be clear I need to get assigned a new Reference Number from Verizon. Can someone at Verizon please give clear instructions on how to resolve this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to activate Hulu
jchild45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon private messaged me and opened up a support ticket. Have yet to hear back from support about this issue. Searching online says I need a new Reference Number, not sure why this is such a hard thing to do?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there. Once you enroll for the Disney Bundle via your online Verizon account, you do have to log into the online Disney+ account to activate both the Hulu and ESPN. It does have to be done from a Web Browser, and not the Disney+ app. You will find the Hulu and ESPN under profile settings. Have you done all of this yet?

*Heather

0 Likes
jchild45
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was done. However when logging in to Hulu it was activated to a different email address. I have contacted both Hulu and Disney, and they inform me there is nothing they can do to change it.

The last time I spoke with Verizon they said to deactivate my bundle and reactivate in 24 hours but that still didn't work. After seaeching online others have said that Verizon needs to issue a new referance number for my bundle to work

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, JChild45. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Hulu account. I would love to help. You do actually need to give them your reference number. You can find it here: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-229169/ Please let me know if this helps. I want to make sure that you are taken cared of. 

-Amber

0 Likes
jchild45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes this has been provided. However the reference number is tied to the wrong email, and Hulu is unable to change this. Currently the only way forward is to get a new Reference number for my Verizon account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, jChild45. The reference number is generated during your initial set up. We do not have a way to assign you a new reference number. You mentioned a support ticket was opened. Have you received any results on this ticket yet?  -Danielle

0 Likes
Lindyotc
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Lindy, I'll be more than happy to help you set up your Hulu account. Can you please send me a direct message in order to continue?

>Bris

0 Likes
Dlp1161

Hello, I am also having trouble activating my Hulu/ESPN+/Disney subscription. Can you help me?? 

0 Likes