Unable to receive a call from specific person
mcascia1

My wife just upgraded her old phone. she can call me, but i can't call her from my cell. when i call it rings once (on my phone) and goes to voicemail. My wife's phone does not ring, does not register that i called or her history does not show i ever called her. my number is in her contacts list. there are no settings enabled for blocked calls. we have stood next to each other and tried calling multiple times and in multiple locations. she can call me, i can't call her

0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive a call from specific person
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mcascia1  We definitely want to make sure you can stay connected with your wife! To confirm she has gotten calls from multiple other contacts? Has she restarted the phone since first testing the calls?

-Yale

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to assist you with your concern. Please private message us for further assistance.   *Mabell

0 Likes
mcascia1

hi mabel, thanks for trying to resolve. what do you suggest? I'm not sure how to private message you

mark

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for reaching out. Is your wife able to receive phone calls from other numbers without any issues? Are you able to send and receive text messages to each other? 

-Kevin

0 Likes
mcascia1

my wife can call or text my phone without issue. i can text her, but i cannot call her. nothing happens when i call  except it going to voice mail. I reset her phone, still no change. I am not certain if this occurs with any other phones trying to call her that we have found out about if they don't regularly call her. But it is a problem for me especially when i need to get ahold of her

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing these details. We see how inconvenient this can be. Has she checked her contacts? It is possible that she accidentally blocked your number. 

~Gina

0 Likes
mcascia1

yes, we checked it. there are no blocks enabled. i am in her contacts list

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ON her device can you go to the last time you called or texted her, and select the i area, and make sure she did not hit it this way, then make sure her device is up to date in the system, and have her power the device off and back on for us. *Rhonda

0 Likes