Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Unable to receive a call from specific person
mcascia1

My wife just upgraded her old phone. she can call me, but i can't call her from my cell. when i call it rings once (on my phone) and goes to voicemail. My wife's phone does not ring, does not register that i called or her history does not show i ever called her. my number is in her contacts list. there are no settings enabled for blocked calls. we have stood next to each other and tried calling multiple times and in multiple locations. she can call me, i can't call her

0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive a call from specific person
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@mcascia1  We definitely want to make sure you can stay connected with your wife! To confirm she has gotten calls from multiple other contacts? Has she restarted the phone since first testing the calls?

-Yale

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would be happy to assist you with your concern. Please private message us for further assistance.   *Mabell

0 Likes
mcascia1

hi mabel, thanks for trying to resolve. what do you suggest? I'm not sure how to private message you

mark

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you so much for reaching out. Is your wife able to receive phone calls from other numbers without any issues? Are you able to send and receive text messages to each other? 

-Kevin

0 Likes
mcascia1

my wife can call or text my phone without issue. i can text her, but i cannot call her. nothing happens when i call  except it going to voice mail. I reset her phone, still no change. I am not certain if this occurs with any other phones trying to call her that we have found out about if they don't regularly call her. But it is a problem for me especially when i need to get ahold of her

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for sharing these details. We see how inconvenient this can be. Has she checked her contacts? It is possible that she accidentally blocked your number. 

~Gina

0 Likes