Unable to resolve a rebate dispute that has resulted in AT&T sending $1K to collections in my name
laurag7

I made the decision to switch to Verizon in May because I believed I would lower my monthly bill for two phones with AT&T (which wasn't the case but I switched anyway).  On the website, it is encouraged that the fastest service is through chat which is how I processed the new service with Verizon which included terminating ATT and returning our ATT phones in exchange for phones with Verizon.  I was informed that my phones would be paid off since they were fairly new and I still owed 1K on two phones to ATT.  The payment would be in the form of a rebate for $800 and I was to watch the "rebate center" to confirm said payment to ATT.  I followed the directions I received with the new phones and returned my ATT phones to Verizon accordingly.  In the meantime, I've checked the rebate center and nothing shows there AND ATT has sent me to collections to the tune of $1,000.  I then called customer service where they told me that I should have received a promo code for the rebate and the rebate has expired so there is nothing they can do!  Verizon has my phones.  I owe ATT (well now the collection agency) $1,000 and I cannot seem to be made whole by Verizon.  I did not receive a promo code and it was clear to me when I made the switch that it would be a seamless transition.  A customer service rep also told me that the rebates would come to me in $22 credits on my bill over three years!  How am I supposed to reimburse ATT with that?  I am beyond frustrated, ready to switch back to ATT, and out alot of money currently.  There doesn't seem to be an escalation process and I feel like this is outside of what a customer "service" rep can handle anyway.  I am reasonable but this is totally unacceptable and I will begin looking to Verizon corporate contacts if resolution does not occur soon.  If anyone has ANY insight as to how to escalate this, it would be most appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to resolve a rebate dispute
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, We can help here. Our escalation follows each contact path to keep it clear. If in care the care level goes up.   The last thing we want is for you to leave or have any more to deal with.  Please send us a private note when you are ready, we then can follow the necessary steps to resolve the trades or credits.   

- Jose

0 Likes
laurag7

Thank you for the reply.  How do I send a private note?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

laurag7 Hi, we have sent you a private message here on this platform.

-Dolores

0 Likes