Unable to update payment info on order
slednecker2
Enthusiast - Level 1
Anyone have any issues with Verizon and payment not working for some reason?

I made my iPhone 12 Pro preorder within 2 minutes of the launch, and had no real issues. I used ApplePay, and I can see the charge on my credit card (pending).

Today I got an email that there was a problem with my payment on my recent iPhone 12 Pro order. I was told to sign in and click to update the payment info.

No matter how I try to do this update, I get website errors.

On desktop, when I click to update the payment details, I'm taken to a "find my order" page where I must enter the last 4 of my SSN. When I do that, I just get a blank orange error box. I've tried in Chrome and Safari, and iPad Safari.

On mobile, when I click, I get a "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable" dead web page.

I'm on hold with their support now (over an hour)
Re: Unable to update payment info on order
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

slednecker2, I'm sorry you were having trouble with the payment website for your iPhone 12 order. I saw you were talking with someone on the phone when you made your post. Were they able to help resolve the issue, or did you still need assistance?   JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
rgbahr
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is 2 years later, and I have the same problem.  It's an iphone 14 of course.

My credit card had to change (prompted by a VZW email), but all browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Safari) I try send me back to the ORANGE BOX that says:  "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please go back to the My Verizon homepage and try again or call us at 800-922-0204."  I have tried both desktop and mobile app.  Always the orange box.  Oddly my receipt has a different order number, than the email so perhaps that has some complicity?

When I call the number (800-922-0204) I get the automated assistant who sends me a link that ... you guessed it, sends me back to the ORANGE BOX.  Or I wait for a live operator who then says its outside business hours right now.

Alternatively, I can go to:  verizon.com/pp/tnc/home directly to add an order number, location code and my ID,  BUT the order number and location code boxes, both mandatory, are greyed out and can't be entered.

Alternatively, I can use the myverizon page and look at orders, find the reason for the hold and hit the UPDATE button and then I go back to the dreaded ORANGE BOX again.

Alternatively, I can call my local Verizon store, that says they can't update payment on an online order, and tell me to go to the order page on the myVerizon website, which will lead of course to the ORANGE BOX. 

Help

the automated assistant, and the VZW order update click all send me back to the same place that gets the orange box 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to know what is going on with your order and we are here to help. I have sent you a Private Note, please keep an eye out for it.

*Crystal

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!