Unauthorized access and change of phone number change
Karenparis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Per Verizon my account is secure, but no one changed the number on my family plan account but low and behold the number was changed. When I asked and by whom the agent just repeats my account is secure. And he can change it back. How is my account secure if there was an unauthorized change to it done by none of the account managers? The agent can’t tell me anything other than sorry and the account is secure. Sorry it happens and just disconnected. I added a new line and expected it to be secure and I got charged an extra 120$ and got my account hacked? How is this ok?

Re: Unauthorized access and change of phone number change
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us here in Social Media. Please send us a Private Message, so we can assist you with your concern.   *Mabell

0 Likes
Karenparis
Enthusiast - Level 2

My first step was contacting customer support but there was no help. When I asked for more help and clarification as well as an escalation the “support” person ended the chat and close the support “ticket”. How would a private message differ? This is why I pay almost the equivalent to a car payment for 3 lines? To get told to basically shut up by ending the support call when I ask for more help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for patience. That is never how we want you to feel, and our goal is to help as much as we can with any account issues or concerns. Have you received any updates on the ticket? ~Roger

0 Likes
Karenparis
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, no updates, no calls, nothing. I did see an ad on my Verizon page telling me to “lock” my number? About unauthorized porting of numbers etc… why wouldn’t my number be automatically locked? Why does it have to be an extra feature. If this is known to Verizon why am I being reassured my account is safe when that was clearly not correct? The rep literally brushed me off then ended the chat. It’s rude and I’m sure my $400 bill will still be processed no problem. I just want a safe account that i don’t have to worry about waking up one morning with yet again a different number. I rely on my device to work and feed my family.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. I will be more than happy to assist you, let me access to your account to check the ticket status. Can you please click on the link? 

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services, so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note that the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6000MXbHn

>Karen

0 Likes
Karenparis
Enthusiast - Level 2

And 

34D320E6-C8ED-4599-AB12-846FEF680A7F.png

 Starts the thread all over again with a generic greeting? I am an account manager my name is on the account? What happened to Verizon?

0 Likes