Unblockable Tax S*cam calls
AlexDeGruven

I'm about at my wits' end with this particular unwanted call.

I don't know how they're doing it, but someone has figured out how to game Verizon's voicemail system to leave me the same 57 second voicemail offering tax relief ("Hi, this is Mary Fletcher, state number FF694." That's how many time's I've heard it) without a corresponding call.

I DO get a call notification, but it effectively rings once and hangs up immediately. When I had my Note 10+, the voicemail would show up while the ring was happening, now with my P6 Pro, it's coming in after the VM shows up.

The number from the call, the number from the voicemail, and the callback number (I've never called them back) never match, and they're different every single time, so there's no way call blocking can stop this. Besides, they're not actually calling in to leave the message, so I don't know how that would help anyway.

We really need someone on the technical side of VZW to look into this and see how they're making this happen.

Someone at the company please reach out to me ASAP.

Also: LOL at the filtering on the community not letting me use that word when referring to what it actually is. Come on, folks. Not giving me a lot of hope.

0 Likes
Re: Unblockable Tax S*cam calls
AlexDeGruven

I'm also finding it difficult through normal support channels to get someone to actually listen to me and not just suggest the $7/month call filtering.

0 Likes
AlexDeGruven

So, chat support is useless.

Just offered me call filtering again, and pointed me to donotcall.gov (I've been registered and verified since it existed, and just reverified last month). Then asked if I needed anymore help and disconnected. So that's helpful (eyeroll).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AlexDeGruven I know first hand how irritating these calls/messages can be. I was always getting the car warranty call. These people have too much time on their hands. Every carrier is working on a way to stop these from happening in the first place. Verizon does offer the Call Filter app if you would like to review it, here is the link.http://spr.ly/6605J5sg3 http://spr.ly/6606J5sgO

-Dolores

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hear you loud and clear. There are two options for the call filter, one if free. Also, there is no way to stop these calls if that is what you are aksing.-Dolores

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I actually provided you with the option of free Call Filter, and advised there is nothing that can be done to stop these calls. If this is not helpful, please tell me what you are looking for. -Dolores

0 Likes