Unlimited Data Price increase...The problem is deeper than that...
cblessinger
Enthusiast - Level 1

As i logged into my Verizon tonight i was disappointed to learn of a price increase in my unlimited data plan. There will be people that say i should be grateful that i have it, that i shouldn't complain, that it is a premium service, however the issue i have with the increase is much deeper. It isn't about the fact that Verizon wants $20 more a month for their unlimited data package. It is the fact that they want $20 more a month without providing more value. I wouldn't mind paying $180 dollars a month instead of $160 dollars if my service were better, and by that i mean all around better. I live in Bloomington Indiana on Indiana University's campus and my service sucks to say the least. If i paid $50 a month for it then whatever, but the fact the i am paying $160 a month for it and soon to be $180 dollars a  month is beyond frustrating. The most frustrating part may however be that Verizon could care less. I have called in several times and waited on the phone for hours. I believe that everyone in this world definitely values their money, especially if they work for it. However my time is priceless. The fact that i have to call in several times to achieve the outcome that i desire and sometimes don't even achieve that outcome is frustrating. Overall my goal is not to complain, however instead i want Verizon Wireless to realize that their are customers like you and I that do not feel like they care about us. And that is what frustrates me more than anything else. I have no doubt i am not alone in my feelings.

Labels (1)
Re: Unlimited Data Price increase...The problem is deeper than that...
Snn5
Legend

This is when you search for a carrier with better coverage for your area.  $5 or $500....if service doesn't work then neither price is advantageous.

mama23dogs
Legend

IT baffles me why anyone would pay any amount for a service that doesn't meet their needs. 

Were you keeping it thinking someday you would move into a Verizon area?

You have no contract with Verizon on that unlimited plan so pack it in.

Most of those who kept their unlimited plans use a lot of data.  Some use 100's of GBS.  They would have to pay several hundred dollars at current rates, so $50 is still getting off cheap.

cindyisnothappy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was very unhappy to learn about price increase today----WHEN I logged into this to check my bill. Funny, Verizon did not send me a text, when they certainly have that option.

I am livid. As other posters have said, the service is NOT GETTING better. In fact, I had Verizon as a must because other carries in my area were not up to snuff---but now they have gotten better, and verizon worse! And now they want to add in a $20 extra charge a month.

Verizon- this (unlimted data) is a plan that you sold! Stand behind it. This equals $240 more a year! And when is the next increase??? I just got my son a phone with Verizon---and paid for it. Now I wish I had known about the date because I would have switched carriers!!!

Verizon- wake up! You are not the only show in town. When I can no longer pay for the unlimited data, do you think I am going to go back to you and pay more or the same amount for limited data, no I will change carriers! Why do you want to lose me as a customer, I guarantee you, based on my usage and my family, I am profitable? Very. I've never seen a company work so hard to loose their customer base.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

They won't mind losing you as a customer if you're using an exorbitant amount of data. It's like eating at a buffet. It's the people that sit and linger and eat that make the prices go up. You may use a reasonable amount of data, but with everyone combine who has unlimited it's just not worth it to them anymore.

mama23dogs
Legend

cindyisnothappy

DId you by chance, read the post before yours?

Unless you get lousy service from all carriers, why would you keep a plan you can't use?

Verizon is thinning the  herd.  They don't care whether you pay the extra $20, switch to a different plan or different carrier.

All carriers are forcing the issue.

08TITAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

They might start to care when I stream every bit of data I can..I cant wait to see how much data I actually can use up!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Quite the opposite. Now that you're paying an extra $20 you're paying for all this extra angry data you want to use.

mama23dogs
Legend

Sure, why not.  Let us know how much you rack up just for fun...

Walpa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I saw my bill INCREASE this month with no additional charges from  us.  Naturally, I decided to call VZW to see what's going on.  I was on hold for a while til the representative, ELI went to check.  Eli finally came back and informed me this:  "we have updated all our towers to 4GLTE.  You were using and paying for 3G services."  I was baffled!  How have I been using 3G for years when my phone says it's on 4GLTE network?!  Really?!  So now i'm paying more when my phone isn't even faster?!  What changed?!  I mean, what really changed?!  It's not the towers.  Don't give me a bs excuse, i'm not stupid.  This is your way of pushing out all those people VZW grandfathered in with unlimited data.  Congratulations, you have done exactly that. I'm exploring my options.  I'm done with you. BY THE WAY, I GOT NO NOTIFICATIONS IN THE MAIL OR MY EMAIL.  I GET THE BILL EVERY MONTH JUST FINE THOUGH.