Re: Unlimited Data Question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Ipar!

I like shopping around as much as the next person, just not when it comes to a new wireless carrier. But, I do hear you concerns loud and clear regarding the loss of unlimited data. First, how many GB's do your devices average? Most folks stay under 2GB. You can run a usage analysis via http://bit.ly/xB4iTc to find out. Then, you can even cross reference usage with current plans http://bit.ly/xdDajD and see if you can actually save money in the long run. But, there are some heavy users. If this is you, please know that you can either upgrade to new devices at full retail price or take advantage of our device payment plan to retain your current features http://vz.to/SbJXJI . We hope you don't sacrifice quality for quantity as we hope to keep you aboard.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear doravec88,

Good morning. Ensuring you know what features change on your account is important. Especially, when upgrading your equipment. Please know that we value you as a customer and certainly don't want to lose you. I would be happy to provide you with clarification regarding your recent plan change.

When you recently upgraded our phone, did you only upgrade the line that had the 2GB data plan? If so, the remaining lines that did not upgrade and had unlimited data should have been able to keep the plan. If all lines did an upgrade, it is required to change your plan to our current data plans. Which calling plan are you currently on? I understand there are some concerns with losing unlimited data, however, majority of our smartphone customers use less than 2GB of data each month. To view our Share Everything Plans click http://bit.ly/xdDajD

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
lpar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon does it again.  They want to take unlimited data away from their customers who sign contracts to remain with them but give unlimited data to new prepaid customers who have no contract at all. This is so messed up.

Our most popular plans give you what you want, for the right price.

Get the biggest bang for your buck with Verizon Wireless new basic prepaid plans. On a budget? Get unlimited text & Web and 500 anytime minutes for only $35 a month. Need more? Step up to our unlimited talk, text and Web prepaid plan for just $50 a month. I was told Verizon was wanting to do away with unlimited data plans I guess that is just for their customers who have used them for years and not new ones

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

This prepaid unlimited plan is for feature phones only.

johnandroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, if it true that VZW hope s to keep it's customers abroad...(from my experience, and others, it doesn't really seem like they do)...then the top execs who design these increasingly ridiculous new plans while simultaneously adding in or raising the price of all the extra service fees on a weekly basis now, it seems, better take a step back and assess whether their as invincible as they seem to think thy are.

Did you, by chance, happen to see or read about the huge announcements T-Mobile introduced just yesterday? Almost every comment I saw in reaction to that news were quite in favor of leaving VZW for T-Mobile after that news.  Not to mention the fact that they started offering unlimited with no throttling after a certain amount of data is consumed a few months ago now.  Then there's Sprint, who's testing and about to deploy their LTE network in my town now, which gave me almost 30 mbps down when I tested it out...and they too, offer unlimited.

Anyway, this wasn't meant to be a personal attack against you, Customer Support...I know you don't set these prices.  I just wanted it out there that Dan Mead and Randall Stephenson might not be as invisible as they believe they are. 

0 Likes
lpar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I so agree with you.  We have had Verizon phones for years!!!! it is the only service we have ever had and I really do hate to shop for new but they are not giving me a choice.  When they told me that we would lose unlimited data by signing a new contract and getting a new phone at a discount that was the last straw for me.  I have been researching new services not going to rush it.  Right now it is looking like we will go with Walmart I have been talking to them and can use the phones we already have.  If they would have even offered 3 GB of data to replace to unlimited but to only give 2 at the same price is just not acceptable.  We do not even use 1GB per phone with our plan but it is the prinicipal of it with me and if people would stop taking the easy way out the old customer service would come back into play not with just Verizon but other companies as well.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

So it is the principal of the thing to leave when you can purchase new phones at a ~$400 discount, change to a 2 GB tiered data plan rather than your current unlimited plan and STILL have a data allowance more than double what you normally use. All this without increasing your monthly bill?

You would stay with an allowance of triple what you normally use? Why that number, or are you just saying that because they are only offering 2 GB for the same price as unlimited? If they had offered 3 GB at the same price of unlimited I am guessing you would have said you were leaving because they were not offering 4 GB at the same price.

Now you are considering going to Walmart because you can "use the same phones you currently have"???? You could ALSO stay with Verizon, KEEP YOUR UNLIMITED DATA and "use the same phones you currently have", same as with Walmart!!!! Not only that, but you wouldn't be under contract anymore.

Regardless, good luck with your new provider.Smiley Happy

lpar
Enthusiast - Level 2

rcshnnor,

Please do not try and think for me and do not put words into my mouth,  I used 3GB after shopping at&t wireless.  Also I felt offering the current unlimited customers something other than the 2GB might have made some people feel better. I have been a Alltel/Verizon customer for 20+ years so PLEASE do not try and make it look like I am costing them money by signing a contract, getting a phone at discount and keeping unlimited data. I pay over $260.00 per month to Verizon I have 3 smart phones and one just talk only. You want to put words in month and take what I said in the worse way possible well I can do the same, I really hate that I have cost Verizon so much money by them giving me a discount on phones. Like I said in the post I am shopping to see who can offer a better deal and appreciate a customer that does not change companies everytime a new deal is offered somewhere else. I was very unhappy with the way Verizon is trying to wiggle out of the unlimited data plans.  My personal smart phone only has the 2GB unlimited was not offered when I got mine but I was told at the Fort Smith Arkansas store that as long as I did not change the plan the other 2 phones would NEVER lose their unlimited data. So really do not assume I am a customer that changes providers a lot. I am sure I have been with here longer than you have. look forward to hearing from you Linda P

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I am not sure what you are expecting to hear from me. Just pointing out what I considered ironic in your reasons for leaving. Whether or not you leave is completely up to you and I was not "trying to think for you" or "put words in your mouth". Just pointing out your options. Sorry if you took offense, it won't happen again.

One last irony though, I find it odd that I not once mentioned anything about you being a "customer that changes providers a lot" yet you implied I assumed you were. Who is putting words someone's mouth now?

Good luck with your new provider.Smiley Happy

rcschnoor
Legend

lpar wrote:

rcshnnor,

I have been a Alltel/Verizon customer for 20+ years...

I am sure I have been with here longer than you have. look forward to hearing from you Linda P

I also get a kick when people throw out this argument...

Verizon has not been around for 20+ years. Alltel was purchased by Verizon in 2009, so if you were with Alltel, you have been a Verizon customer for ~4 years. With that, I am positive you HAVE NOT been with Verizon longer than I have. Before 2009, if you were an Alltel customer, you had NO affiliation whatsoever with Verizon.

However, I have also been a cellphone user for 20+ years. I am unsure if I joined Verizon when they were FIRST CREATED in 2000 by a merger of Bell Atlantic Mobile and GTE wireless, but I know I have been with them for over 10 years. Before that, there was NO Verizon and therefore I, nor anyone else, could have been associated with them for 20+ years.