Unlimited Data Throttled During Daytime Hours
longtimeclient
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is Verizon throttling my data connection during daytime hours?I have been a faithfully customer for over 15 years I have paid a premium monthly fee of 125$for one line for all of those years and even 140$ for three of those years for one line per month and yet here I am once again battling to get a fraction of the quality of service that I have paid for!How does Verizon justify this? Don't Tell me it is a data cap either because the original contract that by the way was grandfathered in,did not state ANYTHING concerning any data capacities or usage limits.This is wrong and Verizon has a legally bond responsibility to provide what was promised to me in our original contractual agreement.Please correct this or you will leave me with no other choice but to seek out some form of restitution.This is not ok to treat any paying customer like this especially a customer who has proven to be a very patient and faithful customer!

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data Throttled During Daytime Hours
rcschnoor
Legend

What plan do you have. More information would be needed before any insights could be shared.

0 Likes
longtimeclient
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the unlimited data plan and have had it since day one.I even held my footing when you all jacked up my fees in an attempt to scare unlimited data plan holders away with the fee increase(don't get me started on that topic). I don't know why I am spinning my wheels here you all seem to have an excuse to justify everything.I understand I am just another number in a sea of millions but that doesn't change the fact that in today's world this "just another number"needs a reliable and consistent network.I would gladly pay for 5g but it only seems to be accessible to the wealthiest neighborhoods at the present.Appologies if  iI sound harsh but this is very frustrating, for one line @125$ I shouldn't have any issues receiving quality service and yet I am....

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That doesn't shed a whole lot of light on the situation. Verizon has 4 different current plans which are "unlimited". They have many other plans which are now grandfathered which were "unlimited". Look on your bill and find out the name of your plan if you are unsure. "Unlimited" is not a plan. Nationwide with an add on of unlimited data is a plan which sounds as if it may be what you have if you have had the same plan for the past 15 years, but no one can give accurate help for you if you can't provide accurate information first.

Other plans would be Start Unlimited, Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited, Play Unlimited, etc... Just saying "unlimited" does not give enough information to help understand your problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to help you in the best way possible. Can you please elaborate further? When did this issue start? Does it occur in a particular location or multiple locations? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our intentions are never to scare our customers at all. I am a consumer myself so I understand that saving money and having services working is essential. We do appreciate your 15 years of loyalty. I can certainly help and see why your services are slowing down. What plan do you currently have? When did all of this start? May I have your nearest intersection and zip code?   AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
longtimeclient
Enthusiast - Level 2

You all say you are here to help,but after my posting as to my discontent about the sub par service I am being given it has only progressed to the point where I have a completely un useable phone between the hours of 5 pm to 8pm!I am in 77023,77019,77098,77063etc....(all of Houston)I use my phone to receive job assignments and I am now unable to work much less make a living because someone has flipped a switch there to punish my honesty by throttling my data down to 2-25kbs!!!!NO THIS IS NOT RIGHT,NO I WILL NOT BE SILENT!!!!If it is cell tower issues fix it,I don't care what the excuse is because there is no excuse for this to be happening except for the fact that Verizon has over sold their service due to greed and the consumer (myself and others)are being given sub par service!!!!I AM BEYOND WORDS AS TO THE STRESS AND ANGER THIS IS CAUSING IN MY LIFE,I HAVE ENOUGH heck GOING ON WITH A DYING FAMILY MEMBER,AND TO HAVE TO GIVE THIS MY ENERGY,WHEN I HAVE NONE LEFT TO GIVE IS MAKING THIS AN EVEN BIGGER TRANSGRESSION!Give me what I am paying for stop making excuses,I pay my bill to you on time now do your job as a company and provide to me what I have been promised,so I can focus my energy on preparing to bury my dying loved one you self-serving prime example of corporate GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
longtimeclient
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well aren't you a condecending prime example of Verizon's efficient damage control team.Blame everything on the consumer?How expected....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We expect all of our customers to receive nothing but world class service, longtimeclient. We're sorry to learn about the situation you're facing with your family member. We don't want you to have any stress over the cell phone service and we want to find a resolution for your service issues. Outside of the time-frame from 5 PM - 8 PM does your cellular service seem to work the way they should? Do you know if any other Verizon Wireless customers are having issues? Please keep us posted. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes