Unlimited Data - Using a Mifi
zk4au
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am coming here b/c I know there are alot of knowledgeable ppl in these Forums.

If I have an unlimited data plan on an IPhone 5 line, and want to no longer use that phone. Can I take the SIM out and use it in a MiFi and my "Unlimited Data" still be okay?

Need Advice Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlimited Data - Using a Mifi
mama23dogs
Legend

NO.  Unlimited data plans are tied to the line and type of device and cannot be used to tether another device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

NO.  Unlimited data plans are tied to the line and type of device and cannot be used to tether another device.

0 Likes
zk4au
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The unlimited data for smartphones is provisoned differently on smartphones than on a MiFi devices. This provisioning feature will not allow your smartphones unlimited data to be swapped out to your Mifi via Sim card. It will allow your MiFi to work under its current plan.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

zk4au
Enthusiast - Level 2

One last question - On my unlimited data line am I able to change the phone number without losing it or do I have to keep that also?

Seems like I should be able to just change my number without an issue but you never know?

Thanks again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have questions, and we have the answers you seek zk4au. You are able to change the phone number on your line with unlimited data. You won't lose it by changing the number.
RosanneMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

While the answer is yes, it has been posted that customers have changed their number only to lose their data plan.  It may have been an accident, but since the unlimited plan can't be recovered, it's a risk you should go into carefully.

0 Likes