Unlimited data not working on hotspot
Eoctopus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have unlimited data that I've been using  on my hotspot for about a week.  Yesterday I was able to connect on my laptop as usual but wasn't able to browse like usual. Like I said I have unlimited data so why exactly has it stopped working?

Labels (1)
Re: Unlimited data not working on hotspot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you have used your allotted high speed hotspot data allowance on the unlimited data plan? Which plan do you have? How much data have you used?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Eoctopus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the unlimited data plan for $80/mo. I thought the "unlimited " part applied to using hotspot.  When I open up my data usage  in the My Verizon  app all it tells me is I have unlimited  data.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You DO have unlimited data. You might not have unlimited LTE speeds.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the exact name of the plan? Is it the New Verizon Unlimited Plan?

0 Likes
Cld0813

Verizon took away the hotspot for prepaid customers without notification.  So, everyone who is paying for unlimited data with a tethering/hotspot,  Verizon just applied the screws to it's prepaid customers.  I am contacting an attorney  tomorrow. 

0 Likes
ctlebl

So that's why my new pre paid phone won't creat a hot spot? ?!! The phone has the option but won't work, keeps popping up that i need mobile hotspot service and directs me to Verizon where there is no mobile hotspot service option,

0 Likes
Eoctopus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have the new unlimited plan.  Is it true what he says about them taking away hotspot for prepaid customers?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Cld0813

Its Verizon’s network, they can manage how they want.  You haven’t a leg to stand on.  Unlimited data doesn’t mean unlimited sharing.

mama23dogs
Legend

Prepaid Cell Phones & No Contract Plans | Verizon Wireless

Right there in black and white...  the unlimited prepaid doesn’t include hotspot.  Pretty much the same for every other prepaid unlimited anywhere.

0 Likes