Unlimited data question
Not applicable

Ok here is a situation. Main line has unlimited data also there are 2 other lines. They want to keep unlimited but also want a new phone. Of course from what I read they have to pay full price for phone to keep unlimited. Say they do that. Their contract is up in February 2013. Now if they renew the contract in Feb 2013, they can't keep unlimited right? Which to me sucks since they would have paid full price for the phone. They keep unlimited only if they are off contract. So what happens to the 2 other lines on the family plan since this is the main line? They will still be under contract.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited data question
Tidbits
Legend

It has already been explained 1000000 times in the other thread...

Each line has their own contract...  They do not affect the other lines...  As long as you buy the devices outright...  There is only one kicker... If you are using a 3G device and paid full price to get a 4G device you will have to get a tiered data plan.

0 Likes
Not applicable

A) No need to be snippy.

B) no it's NEVER been explained to me. I'm asking which is what this board if for. Don't answer questions if you don't like them.

Sorry but it's NEVER been spelled out that on a family plan some phones can have contracts and the others can be month to month. Every VZW employee I've ever talked too made it seem that EVERYONE had to be on contract or they had to get their own plan. If this is not the case Verizon needs to re-educate their employees.

C) So this person can't upgrade to 4G phone and keep unlimited even if they paid full price for the phone? Then what's the point of paying full price? I read that Verizon is trying to move people off of 3G and onto 4G. This whole mess they've created is doing the exact opposite. I guess my friend will stick with a 3G phone. I hope that makes Verizon happy. You'd think Verizon rally wanted to move people to 4G then they give INCENTIVES for people to do it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just had to read the other threads... There's like millions of them by now...  Each one has the same explanation.  

Not applicable

Whatever dude. You're just being an ass instead of being helpful. Just stop answering questions if you're going to be a tool. I'll ask the same question 100 time if I want.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

and I am supposed to be the snippy one?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

That big SEARCH bar on this site is your friend. Just like Google. That is why Tidbits said what they did. The question has been answered many times. in many threads.