Re: Unlimited plan - slow hotspot
I_Karamozov
Enthusiast - Level 2

Methinks thou dost protest too much, rschnoor

I_Karamozov
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is an expectation of usability and Unlimited go does not meet that expectation, regardless of whether or not the shortcoming is disclosed. It takes close to a minute to load the average webpage, that's unacceptable. Verizon you need to rethink this error in judgement.

Inferior service should not be an "upgrade".

RODGLA43
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dang KEEZORN this stinks. I recently cancelled a 20.00 a month unlimited data plan through AT&T using the built in chevy hotspot. I did that because when I called verizon to change me to GO unlimited the lady only said it would slow down after 10gigs not realizing that the original speed was 600k, or maybe I got confused by her offering an more expensive plan. Either way this is ridiculous. I pay these people over 400.00 a month for 5 lines and thought this would be the answer. Your right though the hotspot thing is crazy. I'll take limiting me on how many gigs I can use at 4G but this isn't going to work. I'm going to try to get my original XL package back and if I can't I'm cancelling all my stuff after Christmas. I don't care. Im really ticked off about this.

IceyTys
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm with you @keezorn ....I can understand may be slowing down the speed.....but 600 kbps is way unreasonable.    My phone is currently running at 30mbps....and I can't even pull up a webpage while using the hotspot.          .   #verizon this is [removed] !!!!   Not cool for a long time customer....5 or 10 mpbs would be fair at least.   Definitely thinking bout looking elsewhere now.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IceyTys, I know how important it is to have consistently great speeds, even on your mobile hotspot, and we don't want to see you look elsewhere for great service. While the Go Unlimited plan offers only 3G mobile hotspot, you can upgrade to Beyond Unlimited, which includes 15GB of 4G LTE data. Check out the details here: http://spr.ly/6586DJKdj

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
I_Karamozov
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, Verizon does not understand that consistently great speeds are important and the suggestion of "just spend more money" for something that's expected and was exactly what you got only a couple of months ago is ridiculous. Here's a suggestion, why doesn't Verizon just go back to the single unlimited teir that they've been offering for years!

BAF82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last year I upgraded my phones with Verizon Wireless.  I've had Verizon a long time and never had a problem with them.  I was introduced to the HotSpot device on the day I upgraded my phones. The sales rep informed me that the HotSpot would deliver more internet speed than the DSL line I currently had for less money.  Sounded great... Actually it was great until I got an email telling me that my speed on the HotSpot was going to slow down considerably.  I wasn't aware that there was a data limit on the device since I had an unlimited plan and the sales rep at Verizon promised that this device would be faster and allow me to stream without any buffering on my PC and any streaming service I might use on my Samsung TV.  Now it seems that streaming on either the PC or the TV is much slower, with a lot of buffering.  According to Verizon I have another 14 months on this device. Not the deal I signed up for when sold this device.  I need to get out of this contract.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do appreciate your loyalty and want to make sure that you have all the details regarding your plan, BAF82.   Previously the Verizon Unlimited plan had a limit of 10GB of  high speed Mobile Hotspot before the speeds would be slowed down.  Currently the Verizon Unlimited plan and the Beyond Unlimited plans offer 15GB of high speed Mobile Hotspot before the speeds are reduced to 600kbps.  Here is a FAQ link for the New Verizon Unlimited: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/ Question #5.  Here is a FAQ link for the Beyond Unlimited plan: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/beyond-unlimited-faqs/ Question #6 regarding the Mobile Hotspot.  I hope that this information helps.

AdamB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
BAF82
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I upgraded my cell phones, the sales rep at my local Verizon store introduced me to this device. It was explained to her that I had a Verizon DSL line for my internet but it did not afford me enough speed to stream video without considerable buffering. She told me that this "hotspot" device would not only afford me the speed, but cost me $20 a month which was $15 less than I was paying for DSL. She did not state that there would be a data cap before the speed was slowed to a crawl. Also advised me that since I had an unlimited plan, I would not have to worry about a data problem. I'm currently paying $175 a month for my phones and this device. The slower speed now prevents me from streaming anything without considerable buffering. Also, my desktop computer speed has slowed down and I have problems keeping a connection with the internet. This 'HotSpot" speed decrease is something I wouldn't have chose if I knew about it upfront. I am satisfied with our cell phones, but not feel that I was misled by the sales rep on the "hotspot" and want to eliminate this device. I have been a Verizon customer for some time now and feel that I should be let out of this contract as soon as possible so I can pursue another internet option...

Bruce Fulda

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you being our long-time customer, BAF82, and certainly want to continue as your provider for many years to come. It's disappointing to see you feeling misled and I want to be sure you are happy with all your Verizon Wireless services. With the Unlimited plan, each smartphone also receives the 15GB of LTE Hotspot to use. This may help to accommodate additional usage needs in your home while getting the chance to take full advantage of your plan and features. I have sent you a Private Message here in the forum to continue to explore alternative options. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to continue.

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes