Unlock code help
Ajcoultate

I am currently in the uk with my Samsung J7 and trying to use it with a local uk SIM card however all I get is a message asking me to call 611 or 8882946804 for a code to unlock it, but as the phone is in the uk not connected to the US system I cannot call the numbers, does anyone know the unlock code or an email address for customer services that I could use to try and get a code by email. (I tried the live chat and got passed from 3 different departments non of which could provide a code ) help please!

Thanks

Tony

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlock code help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the time you spent trying to find a solution for your phone’s lock code, Ajcoultate. We don’t lock our 4G devices, such as the J7, unless it was purchased as a 4G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phone (4G Device Policy under the Prepaid Device Unlocking Policy section at http://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy ). Was your J7 ever used with Verizon Wireless prepaid services? How long ago was your J7 purchased? Our Global Support Team also has alternative numbers available at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/worldwide-access-numbers/ to be reached by phone at your convenience, as there is not an email support option at this time.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

1-908-559-4899 is the support number. Call them; although you may not be able to use your phone as it wasn't unlocked prior to you leaving and it appears this is a prepaid device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the time you spent trying to find a solution for your phone’s lock code, Ajcoultate. We don’t lock our 4G devices, such as the J7, unless it was purchased as a 4G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phone (4G Device Policy under the Prepaid Device Unlocking Policy section at http://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy ). Was your J7 ever used with Verizon Wireless prepaid services? How long ago was your J7 purchased? Our Global Support Team also has alternative numbers available at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/worldwide-access-numbers/ to be reached by phone at your convenience, as there is not an email support option at this time.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ajcoultate

Hi Jennifer

This was a 4g phone-in-a-box, I was in your store at copperfield when I tried to purchase a local SIM card to go in my uk handset, however your assistant declared that it would not work, but they had good deals on phones so I could buy one use it for the month I was on vacation then use it back in the uk , if they had said it was any different I would not have bought the handset. So the question I have now is how can this be unlocked, please respond with a solution at your earliest opportunity.

Thanks and regards

Tony

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The terms for unlocking a phone in a box are described in the first link provided by the rep. Since it appears that you only used the phone for a month or so, you don't qualify for the unlock. Until you do, the phone is a paperweight except on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LalaRin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try the chat, they will simply ask for the IMEI number an send you a code.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes