Unreal wait times today, horrified with Verizon's service
revathams

I have spent 3-4 hours today to buy a new phone and activate it and still no success. This is after being convinced to upgrade my plan and commit to Verizon for 3 years. Truly awful and malfunctioning system. Unbelievable waste of time. I am ready to change carriers despite trying to upgrade.

0 Likes
Re: Unreal wait times today, horrified with Verizon's service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! That's never the experience we strive to provide, and most certainly wouldn't want to lose you as a customer! We value your time & are here to help! What message do you get when you try to activated it? What type of signal do you currently have?~Christian

0 Likes
revathams

I did not see your response until today. I got error message after error message and was on the phone with customer support for an hour by chat. I asked for an estimated time update several times with no response. Suddenly after I was truly at my whits end they were able to activate my phone. I then had no cell signal at work for several days (and I switched to Verizon specifically for coverage at work). My coworkers with Verizon also had no signal. Truly awful and unbelievably bad experience. I am considering paying out my phone and switching carriers due to all of the above. 

0 Likes
revathams

Sorry let me clarify that I was on the chat for an hour. Customer service hung up on me randomly. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@revathams ,

We're sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble, but you also said that your phone has been able to complete its activation, correct? Did you contact us to see what the issue was with your workplace location, or has that issue already passed?

-Russell

0 Likes
revathams

I completed activation after the ordeal described. The service issue at work appears to have passed for now but had happened before I got this new phone also. Had not thought to contact Verizon given all the troubles I had described and my plans to change service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to even consider leaving us! Please confirm if you are having any additional issues, we want to make sure you're okay. Thank you!

-Jordan

0 Likes
revathams

Yes of course I'm continuing to have issues. The service at my work has been horrific and I go days without service. I would appreciate some guidance on how to report service outages, information on if there's any recourse for all the hassle Verizon has put me through. I was so happy when I switched in 2019 but my recent experiences are incredibly disappointing. I've always heard such good things about Verizon before switching and hard to believe how bad things are now.

0 Likes