Unresolved after multiple calls and chats: Verizon has had my trade-ins for weeks, but status is still "initiated"?
Daffy124

Can anyone point me to an escalation phone number, or some other way to get to a higher tier level of customer support?

I have 5 lines on my account. All had paid off iPhones. Al were on legacy shared data plans with an awesome discount. My bill was VERY reasonable for 5 lines. I traded in the paid off iPhones on all 5 lines, getting new iPhone 12s for each line, with the $699 trade-in deal. I did have to switch all of the lines from that very affordable legacy shared data plan to 5 new unlimited plans, but the sales person estimated that my new total bill would be a very reasonable increase, considering that I was getting 5 new phones, AND unlimited data.

I started this adventure back in April. Now, in July:

• I have 5 new phones. Great!
  • I sent in all 5 trade-ins
  • I have only been credited for 3 out of the 5 trades, and the remaining 2 don't even show that Verizon is evaluating them (but UPS tracking shows delivered weeks ago)
  • There is another error on my bill, where I am missing a $10 credit on one of the lines
  • When I contact customer service via phone or chat, it takes 40+ mins for them to try to figure out what I am explaining compared to what they can see in the account info, and then they still can't help me - I think this is because the sales department mixed and matched what trade-ins went with which lines

I've been a Verizon customer for a long time, so I am trying not to feel "bait and switched", but I now have a MUCH higher bill than I was promised, and I lost my very affordable legacy shared data plan, and Verizon has all of my old devices so I can't even resell them... now what?

Has anyone had success contacting Verizon to resolve a situation like this?

0 Likes
Re: Unresolved after multiple calls and chats: Verizon has had my trade-ins for weeks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the discounts and promotions you qualify for. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
Message sent. Thanks for offering to help. I would like t...
Daffy124

Message sent. Thanks for offering to help. I would like to continue as a Verizon customer if we can resolve this.

0 Likes
Re: Message sent. Thanks for offering to help. I would like t...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for completing the first part of authentication. To finish, please provide your first and last name as it appears on your account. Then click the authentication link to get into the chatbox.

0 Likes
Verizon folks, I could really use your help here. This is...
Daffy124

Verizon folks, I could really use your help here. This is painful.

In July, I made this post. You kindly connected me with a rep, over chat, who very slowly worked with me over >1hr of messaging to manually update my bill for the month of July.

At the beginning of August, with those manual updates, my bill came in reflecting 4 out 5 of my trade-ins, but that was better than the 2 out of 5 I started with. And I wasn't worried, since the trade in page at verizon.com/sales/digital/tradeinstatus/landing.html shows 3 of my 5 trades have been assessed, so I was willing to give it another month.

Here we are, 2 bills later, and I am back to only receiving 2 out of the 5 trade in credits.

Verizon, you have all 5 of my iPhone trade ins. I didn't need to upgrade, I had a nice low bill, and 5 working phones. Please, either credit me for all 5 of them as promised, or send me back 3 of my iPhones. My only other option is to cancel my account and go to another provider.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon folks, I could really use your help here. This is...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Daffy124, we definitely want to do everything we can to help make sure that you can get this all settled and resolved. So we can help, please send us a Private Note. Thank you! *Jose

0 Likes
Re: Unresolved after multiple calls and chats: Verizon has had my trade-ins for weeks, but status is still "initiated"?
Aweis67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am facing a similar issue for two trade-ins initiated in early July.  The online status of my trade-ins is still not updated and does not reflect receipt of the devices.  It has now been 7 weeks since my two trade-ins were successfully delivered to Verizon according to UPS.  Efforts to reach Verizon have been futile and they are not offering any help to resolve the situation.  

0 Likes
Message sent. Thanks, Jose.
Daffy124

Message sent. Thanks, Jose.

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in submission
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello again Aweis67 and thank you for providing the update. I have sent you a private message. Please reply there to continue if you have not already spoken with us by phone. -Candice

0 Likes
Verizon folks, I really don't understand. Jose asked me...
Daffy124

Verizon folks, I really don't understand.

• Jose asked me to send a message, which I did. No reply.
  • After >24hrs went by, I sent another one. No reply.
  • Meanwhile, you've actively reached out to Aweis67 who is having the same issue as me...?

How can I get that level of direct support?

0 Likes