Unstable Cellular Signal
TEDFUJ50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone suffering from weak, unstable cell coverage in their area. We had some violent t-storms that swept thru our area about 2 weeks ago and since then cell coverage has been terrible.  I have been chatting via text with Verizon technicians, ran some tests and reset network settings on both of our phones with no changes. They are saying there's nothing wrong on their end, the problem lies on our location. Strange that we had 1-3 bars of 4G around our house a few weeks ago and now barely any useable signal at all. Our cell booster can't find a stable signal. Signal fluctuates between 4G with no bars, signal strength -112 to -130 dBm, 3G 1-3 bars, 1X or no signal. Dropped calls, text messages not sent and intermittent internet. We had excellent cell service since we changed from AT&T a few years ago, but now it's useless at home. And the technicians won't do nothing since there has been no other complaints on cell service in our area. Tried talking to our neighbors, but they don't use Verizon. Recently our vet made a house call for one of our animals and he tried calling his office, he was surprised that he had no signal, usually he has no problems in our area with his Verizon phone. Hopefully something will change soon or we will have no other choice, but to look for another cellular provider.

Ted

Gainesville, TX

0 Likes
Re: Unstable Cellular Signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, TEDFUJ50. We are here to help. We want to make sure we do everything we can to improve your signal. to clarify, have you had a network ticket issued for this?CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
TEDFUJ50
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wasn't given a report number, I was elevated to a level 2 support member. This person did the diagnostic tests and reset the network settings on both mine and wife's phone. And no changes afterwards. We drove down our road and about a quarter of mile we would get a good signal, now the "4G less hole" is getting bigger now it's closer to a mile down the road. We are currently looking for another provider, not blaming Verizon, but we are paying for a service that doesn't work at home. We don't have wifi so this is our only way to call, text and have access to the internet.

Ted

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can absolutely understand your perspective here. We want to assist in any way possible in regard to your connectivity in your home message. I'm sending you a Private Note now to better assist with such. AustinL_VZW

0 Likes
TEDFUJ50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Austin,

The chat took place via the My Verizon app, don't know if that would make a difference.

Thank you

Ted

0 Likes
bmw2208

Funny!

I thought that I was imagining things. I am in Texas as well and I have been having the same issue for about 2 or 3 weeks now. The only difference is that I don't remember any weather issues during that time. 

0 Likes
TEDFUJ50
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live near the Red River, North Texas area. We had a couple of storms, the 1st one had high winds, flooding. We lost one of our huge oak trees. The 2nd one was mostly thunder that stayed in our area for a few hours, shook the house a few times. We still have unstable cell signal. Waiting for a SIM card from T-Mobile, take it for a test drive.

Ted

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TEDFUJ50, 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have continued to have service issues! We value you as a customer, and we don't want to see you walk away due to this. Please reply to our Direct Message, and we would love to continue working to resolve your service issues. 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
TEDFUJ50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well we got our T-Mobile sim card and we are pleasantly surprised. We have 4g LTE!!! We are going to try it out for a few weeks before we decide.

0 Likes
thunder02
Enthusiast - Level 1

i live in okla i have the second  iphone 14 plus no storms here and i get unstable network all the time my second line is a iphone 13 with no problems at all done troubleshooting with agents many times still get unstable network they refuse to send me a different series of iphone i have sent a complaint to the fcc on this matter my 14 plus just sits on my desk since i get bad network oh i even connect to my wifi with it my home internet id gigablast still get unstable network on that aslo

0 Likes