Upgrade Fail
jhurt04
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I have been Verizon Customers for over 10 years.  We have been faithful customers throughout and never changed when we could have.  We have payed our bills on time and have asked for nothing special over the years.  We are finally in the place financially where we can afford smartphones, but they will not let up upgrade 6 months early.  We have called and gone to the store.  And we get no real answers.  The Edge program is clearly a scam.  I can not afford that and refuse to accept that is the only possibility other than paying full price.  We have a simple basic phone, it is not like we are upgrading from an older model smart phone.  They are guaranteed to get more money from us if they let us switch now.  I told myself when I started looking into this 3 months ago that I would just hold out until our contract was up, but I can not wait any longer.  I guess Verizon is a company that will not do everything in their power to hold on to loyal customers.  I will find another carrier and will be extremely happy when I tell Verizon I am done and another carrier will be paying my $190 cancellation fee for me.  I expected better from Verizon, but apparently they, like other giant companies, only care about themselves.

Labels (1)
Re: Upgrade Fail
Not applicable

you signed a 2 year contract and you want to en it after 18 months? Let me ask you this what if Verizon wanted to extend your contract by 6 months. Would you be ok with that or would you expect Verizon to abide by the terms of the contract? If you expect them to abide by the contract why shouldn't you? As far as paying your bill on time, YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO PAY YOUR BILL ON TIME. You don't get extra credit for doing what you should be doing. Don't sign 2 year contracts if you don't want to wait 2 years to upgrade. Also Edge is not a scam. I'm curious how you came to that conclusion. Did you actually do the math?

Re: Upgrade Fail
rcschnoor
Legend

jhurt04 wrote:

The Edge program is clearly a scam.  I can not afford that and refuse to accept that is the only possibility other than paying full price.

Edge is certainly not a scam. Many people simply don't understand it, though. While it is not for everyone, it is simply another method of paying for a phone. Whether or not you can afford it would certainly depend on your data allowance and the phone you intend to purchase.

When on Edge on the More Everything plan, you get a discount on your line access fee of either $15(under 10 GB data allowance) or $25(10 GB or higher data allowance). If you purchase a phone with a $25/month payment and you get a $25/month discount, then your NET cost of the phone is $0. Of course only you can determine what you should purchase.

Finally, if you are still under contract, you would only be eligible for Early Edge and that would currently limit you to the Droid Turbo for eligible phone purchases under Edge.

0 Likes