Re: Upgrade Fee
FelixCortez
Enthusiast - Level 1

@mama23dogs @Susan2020 Unfortunately, I don't have time to read 12 pages of comments.  Get a day job.

0 Likes
Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

@FelixCortez you didn't even try to read a single page so don't act like anything is owed to you or that something had been done wrong to you. 

Peep14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Uh, no. I just bought a new phone, full retail, from Apple, with no carrier. Unlocked. Got charged $40 for an upgrade fee 🤷🏼‍♀️

Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

@Peep14 That's definitely not right and you shouldn't be charged since the device is considered BYOD. Let Verizon know and they should refund this charge. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value you as a customer, and we are so excited to hear that you upgraded to the amazing new iPhone 12 Pro Max! I can certainly understand why you would want to know more about the Upgrade Fee. You can click the link below to find out more about the upgrade process, and the upgrade fee that is included. Check it out here:  http://spr.ly/6606HuIVk).  

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes
michelleeccm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its ridiculous. I already paid $150 in the store and have a $40 on my bill.

mama23dogs
Legend

@michelleeccm wrote:

Its ridiculous. I already paid $150 in the store and have a $40 on my bill.

You mean state sales taxes?   Carrier are required to collect sales tax upfront in 45 or so states. 
Did you read what you’re paying the $150 for?  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

michelleeccm, we are sorry to hear you do not agree with our upgrade fees. Upgrade fees are $40 when upgrading with the assistance of a rep either over the phone or in a store. However, in the future the fee is $20 when doing online. Please see the link below for more information. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/upgrade-device-faqs/

-Joshua

0 Likes
jpl935
Enthusiast - Level 1

HONESTLY, this practice of charging an upgrade fee is ridiculous and bad business practice.  Verizon should be a leader and NOT "do what everyone else is doing" and claim the "standard industry practice" reasoning.  Be better....do better.

We as consumers need to push back.  These extra "fees" are spreading like wildfire across many many different industries.  (Hello $40 resort fees per day? And for what?  2  bottles of water that might cost 50 cents if that?  Decades old gym equipment that is not even used? )

If you want to know what consumers want and please/delight them....straight forward, honest pricing.  I am not pleased with this and others who have expressed their frustration are justified.  I have found success in getting this fee credited back but this doesn't instill consumer loyalty or confidence.

Are you listening Verizon?  Can you hear me now? 

NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

I guess I should fight it, but I can’t be bothered.  I BYOD all my phones and tablets, because I refuse to be tied with installments, and I won’t pay for the others on my account.

0 Likes