Upgrade Frustration, Misleading Agent, Lost Long Standing Discount, Promised Mystery Loyalty Discount
thethea
I'm really not sure what  to do here, outside of lay out my complaints and switch to another carrier. I didn't want to call up and complain to someone who is unable to help me, and chat always takes forever. Perhaps my concerns can be escalated and my past few chat transcripts can be looked into, if you have anyone who cares to retain long time frustrated customers. Ultimately, I'm very disappointed.

Multiple issues here. I suppose my first mistake was even attempting to do more than one thing at a time with Verizon, ever.

I had the worst time trying to have one of my three lines removed and the other two upgraded to unlimited. Apparently, you can't just request a line to be cancelled right away, and you can't upgrade any line on an account if it has any line pending cancellation. It took 2 hours and the agent to escalate the issue in order to push the cancellation through and to be able to request the upgrade.

When I saw some overages happening for one billing cycle and expected overages for the current billing cycle at the time of calling, I tried reaching out towards the beginning of my next cycle, and was told that the upgrade would not be able to be applied to the current billing cycle, so I incurred overage charged in the month that I requested to upgrade.

When I was requesting the upgrade to an unlimited plan, I was NOT told that with the unlimited plan that I had requested I would no longer receive my 17% discount that I have been receiving for many years as an employee of Nordstrom. In fact, I was promised that I would also get a new Loyalty Discount but the two people who I have spoken to since then have zero clue what loyalty discount they were talking about. The even said they would notate my account so that other agents woule be able to refer to it. No one else has ever been able to find this note. One agent told me that it MAY show up in a cycle or two, but it has not showed up in two cycles. Over an hour again and I got nowhere on the mysterious discount I was promised. No one had access to the Notes that the prior agent claimed to have left. Also, I was told that I would retain my ability to tether my computer (mobile hot spot), even though the new plan I was moving to specifically said I could not do a mobile hotspot. That part at least appears to have been true, thank goodness.

When my upgrade requests were still Pending because they were made in the middle of a payment cycle, I found that I was unable to shop Verizon for a replacement device for one of my lines, a hardware update required so my partner could travel overseas with a security-updated phone. (Current phone was no longer updating) It took over another hour working with Verizon just to get that upgrade pushed through in order to shop for a replacement device before he left. It was time sensitive, and I had to fight for the opportunity to shop for a device.

The daily travel pass is incredibly expensive. Having upgraded to more expensive plans, now with neither expected discount by the way, to also have this daily charge for future travel is absurd. My partner's travel on top of added data needs, really added up. Support for the travel plan was frustrating. The agent kept giving me scripted tips on avoiding use of data instead of directly answering my questions and took up another hour.

My last two cycles were ridiculously expensive as a result of all of the above. It looks like I won't be getting any sort of loyalty or other discount going forward. Future travel plans  that we do anticipate make me even less likely to continue to be a Verizon customer, as we are getting very little value for the expense in comparison to other plans and carriers.

The last person who I worked with on chat did not provide solutions or answers, just regret that I had a bad experience and that y'all didn't want to lose me as a customer, but aside from telling me that I may still se the discount I was promised, provided me nothing.
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Frustration
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, thethea! Thanks for reaching out to us in regard to your recent experience. Please send us a Private Note for further assistance. We're here to help!

*Alexis

0 Likes
thethea

Would have been nice to receive any indication that a response was made to my post. No email, text, or indication on the app. Also feels a little useless to have a public forum if the responses are only going to be "send us a Private Note" also issues have continued. I hope I can at least get sufficient support moving to a new provider. I shall respond via Private Note shortly!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help navigate the concerns you have with your upgrade. We look forward to hearing back from you via Private Note. Let us know how we can help.

*Haley

0 Likes