Upgrade Promotion
Crebs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very disappointed with how little I Verizon cares about keeping my business. 

I have had a family plan with Verizon for over 6 years.  I actually still use the iPhone 6S that I got when I setup this plan.  Recently I saw a promotion to upgrade our service and phones to 5g and thought it was probably time.  On October 4 I reached out to customer service to upgrade.  Unfortunately we weren't able to get it done that day.  I needed to transfer a phone line into the account first and that took a couple days.  No one told me that there was an expiration date of the offer, but of course I didn't expect it to last forever.  So, today, I found sometime to spend an hour on chat with a rep to get the service and phones upgraded and now Verizon is say "Sorry the deal is over".  I talked to two supervisors and neither will honor the promotion that I began this whole procedure with.

If I transfer my plan to AT&T they will offer me an equivalent  deal, but Verizon wont.  Even when I pointed out that I will have to take my business else where then.  They don't care. 

I can understand if i just call out of the blue today and asked for a deal that had expired, but I am just trying to finalize a deal I started two weeks ago.  The activity is all there!  I have all the chat sessions. 

Tomorrow is my one day off a week, and I guess I will spend it at AT&T transferring my plan.  I really would rather not spend my day that way, but I have never felt so unvalued.  I'm posting this to give Verizon one last chance to make things right. In hopes that they have one person that cares about customer retention. 

Re: Upgrade Promotion
attilabrizs
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is very unfortunate that Verizon is doing this.

What is happening is that places like Comcast/Cox and other large companies are partnering with them and the people who switch over to these companies, Verizon gets a cut etc... and so they just simply do not care.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Promotion
attilabrizs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, file a complaint against them with the FCC. If they are found doing this to numerous people, because they are trying to do it with me now too.

0 Likes