Re: Upgrade Question
Not applicable

SOLLICITOME wrote:

Use Backup Asst to back up your contacts, go onto vzw website,  my verizon, activate new phone under your #, input the meid/esn of new phone.  This is on the back of your phone once you remove the battery. (Make sure you shut your old phone off after you have used back up assistant).  then dial *228, opt. 1 to activate.  i don't think i'm leaving anything out.  hope this helps.

Elsa

You do NOT dial *228 on 4G smartphone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

lewisr13 wrote:

You can add a data plan for $30 for 2MB of data which should be plenty.

Small detail, it's 2 GB not 2 MB.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there spotted dog.  I am excited to hear that you are upgrading your phone.  We have plenty of choices available.  I am confident that we have the right one for you.

Activating your phone is quite simple and you can do it through My Verizon.  Activation instructions will come in the box that the device comes in, but you can also visit http://vz.to/U3yVGV for steps on how to activate your brand new device.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
spotteddog

Nick,

Thanks for the link and info.

I pre-ordered my phone earlier today on-line with Verizon. Hope I ordered the right features. 

There were a few things I was not sure of, so I just guessed.

Joe

0 Likes
Not applicable

Not a problem.  You can pretty much change anything on your account at anytime.  You'll be locked into a 2-year contract by virtue of receiving a large discount on the price of the phone.  However, you can change your minutes, amount of data, or text plan by logging into your My Verizon account and making the change.  Changes can be effective immediately, at your next billing date, or at your previous billing date.  It's your choice.

0 Likes