Enthusiast - Level 2

>Post deleted. Cross Posting is not permitted on this forum<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade fee???? Sooooooo mad!!!!!!
Not applicable

KatieOrr1 wrote:

Today I received my paperless billing statement via email, and as I began reading it, I was appalled!!!! Recently my husband and I went into our local Verizon store in Wichita, Kansas to ask about upgrades. I made it extremely clear to Simey ( customer service agent) that we did not want to pay any extra per month ( we are getting iPhone 4's.... Inexpensive at this point!) we asked tons and tons of questions to inform our decision ( data package, cost to upgrade, contract length, etc). So, you can imagine my surprise when I see an extra 100 dollars on charges for a "prorated monthly plan." Apparently we were charged an extra 33 dollars per phone for some "prorate" charge???? I was NEVER, EVER informed that this charge would be appearing on my bill at the time of the upgrade! There was absolutely no mention of any extra charge.  I am so beyond furious... How absolutely sneaky and DISHONEST of Verizon! I have been a paying customer for 10 years and this is how they treat me!!! Unbelievable!!!

Any ideas, other than posting a million complaints, on how to get this charge removed??? Surely this has to be illegal in some fashion???

"pro-rate"? Ok first of all data is prorated. Meaning you pay for it in advance. So if it's you first month of having data yeah you bill is going to be higher because they have to charge you for this month AND next month. After that it will go down.

Now if you are talking about the upgrade free. This was announced and made ALL MAJOR NEWS SOURCES back in April. You know 7 months ago. before getting mad try make sure you actually have something to be made about. I can't even figure out what you have been charged for since you use the terms wrong. Here's an idea why not state what your bill actually says. maybe we can help you then.

0 Likes