Upgrade fees
thedude055

I know this is a broken record discussion but I do have some questions to put out there.  I don't really have a problem with the fee.  I believe if it were to be incorporated into the phone price as listed it would be a lot less confusing and angering to the customer.  For Example today I looked at my account and it stated that I was able to upgrade early.  Great I thought been wanting a new iphone 5 for a while so I can today if i can afford it.  $99 is the cost to upgrade today awesome.  by the time I was done it cost me $140 bucks (tax included).  For some reason this makes a person feel like they were just raked over the coals.  If you were to say upfront that the phone cost $129.00 plus taxes to upgrade then i would have been fine with it.  I do not understand why they cannot be upfront with it is what is bothering me it is not the actual cost of the fee.  I have been a verizon customer for 15 years and have no intention of changing I just want someone to explain why they would have this as a hidden cost brought up only when you go to check out.  The explanation i got from customer care was "everyone else has upgrade fees" and "We sent out an email in spring of 2012 about this fee" are both rather dumb responses for customer care to be providing.  Don't lure folks in with a low price and then tack on charges until they get out the door.  It makes them feel used.  Letting someone know the actual cost upfront is a lot better for customer relations.  Also providing a little bit better explanation than everyone else is doing it is a good idea.

Labels (1)
0 Likes