Upgrade sharing question, what happens BOTH future upgrade dates?
mryauch

Here's my situation:

My wife's line has a iPhone 4S with upgrade date of 6/27/13.

My line has a Galaxy Nexus with an upgrade date of 1/12/14.

My Galaxy Nexus's microphone no longer works, thus it's unusable as a phone without using a bluetooth headset that may or may not make me sound like I live in a tin can and/or wind tunnel.

If I transfer her currently available upgrade and use it on my line, how does that affect the dates of upgrades?

A) The "Use The Other Line's Upgrade" Plan - Does her line get renewed for 2 years (upgrade date 9/28/15) and mine stays at 1/12/14?

B) The "Upgrade Date Swap" Scheme - Does her line get my previous upgrade date of 1/12/14 and mine goes to 9/28/15?

C) The "Happy Wife = Happy Life and She's Pissed" Scenario - Are both phones locked until 9/28/15?

I don't want to lock my wife out and prevent her getting an upgrade for 2 years because I couldn't wait a few months.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrade sharing question, what happens BOTH future upgrade dates?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A.  If you use your wife's upgrade, her line is the one that receives a new two-year contract and your line is unaffected.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A.  If you use your wife's upgrade, her line is the one that receives a new two-year contract and your line is unaffected.

mryauch

So if she wanted to then upgrade I would have to share my upgrade back to her line?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You wouldn't have to, but if you wanted the first part of C (Happy Wife = Happy Life), then I'd share my upgrade. 

Seriously, yes, she could use your upgrade in Jan. if she needed to.  Otherwise, she has to wait until 9/28/15 (or whenever her new contract is up).