Upgrade
Khains88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’d love to upgrade my families phones but there are NEVER any upgrade deals where you don’t have to get a new line or specific plan! This is ridiculous, going to look into another carrier I guess. I don’t want to trade in our phones as the 1 is a 7 and won’t get anything for it, we also do not want to change our numbers especially since I use mine for work! Verizon needs to offer better deals for current customers without all these restrictions(new line, plan, trade in)!!! 

Re: Upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Khains88, we always want you to get a good deal on your devices and would never want for you to look elsewhere. We always have promotions occurring and they do change often. You want to ensure you are looking under the upgrade option under the device to view the upgrade promo going on. 

There are many great ways to save on your upgrade. Here are just a few:

1) You can keep up to date on our ever-changing promotions here: https://www.verizon.com/deals/ 

2) We give account specific offers which you can find in your My Verizon account online or app under your notifications (if available). 

3) You can always trade in any old devices and get credit back for them. Check out trade in values here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/trade-in/#/

4) Finally, we have our rewards program, Verizon Up: m.vzw.com/m/UpSocial Not only can you get things like gift cards, accessories, and concert tickets, but also special offers on items as well.

-Christine

0 Likes
LtRaven
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep.  100% agree.  Join a different company and get a smoking BOGO deal.  Stay with VZW for the past 20 years and get a trade in credit (so they can sell that phone to someone else and get account income.)  OR - add a third line... which makes zero sense for a family of two users.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LtRaven, thanks for reaching out!

All customers get to take advantage of the new customer deals when they create an account. This is the same for any company. We appreciate your loyalty and want to help. Have you considered adding a watch or tablet line to your existing account? Or have you perhaps had a chance to look over your loyalty offers under the 'My Offers' section in My Verizon? There are special deals there that do not require a new line.
We are here if you have any questions or concerns, please send us a Private Note. *Celeste

0 Likes
batnewveriz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Khains88, I hope you find a good offer here or somewhere else, but I want to warn you and others to beware any upgrade deals Verizon may offer you.  There are too many stories to count here and on other platforms of customers agreeing to trade-in or upgrade offers and then Verizon not honoring those offers and failing to apply any or all of the promised monthly statement credits.  

We have a family plan and we were offered the following:

1. $580 total trade-in credit over 24 months (for my mother)

2. Another $580 total trade-in credit over 24 months (for my brother)

3. an $800 credit over 24 months for adding a new line with a new iphone purchase.

However, all they did was apply one BOGO promo of $33/month, which we never signed up for or agreed to. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

batnewveriz, I would be just as upset and frustrated over not getting the promised promotions. Has this been escalated? Did you receive trade-in confirmations? 

I'm sending you a Private Note. 

-Vanessa

0 Likes
batnewveriz
batnewveriz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Vanessa -- Yes and yes.  I just saw your private note and have replied.  

0 Likes