Upgrading a phone, deposit question...
ChristianW9

Hello, I ordered a phone online for in-store pickup and it made me pay a $170 deposit but it says on the email, "Your order is being processed and is subject to final credit approval."

Why is that? Is there no way to check before you do in to the store? And what are the chances that the amount that I need to pay on the deposit will go up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrading a phone, deposit question...
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

Print out the quote you were giving online

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChristianW9, this is a very interesting question. We always want you to fully understand all the charges associated with starting service with us. Did you do this transaction at a direct Verizon Wireless store location or a Premium Retailer?
NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ChristianW9

I actually did the transaction online. What the in store rep told me was, "Verizon doesn't actually complete the order when you place it online. They just tell us that you have an order and do a soft credit inquiry to give you a general quote." I don't know how true that is, but it sounds like it could be right!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ChristianW9,

Upgrading should be an exciting time for you! We do want to ensure you get all of the correct information in reagrds to your order. Since it was done online, you can actually have one of our internet order reps review the order for you. You can reach them directly at (866) 338-7390. 

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes