Upgrading a phone?
meh0007

What exactly is this? Like, what does it entail?

Let me lay out my situation:

Right now, I have an LG Versa on a 1 yr contract that ends in June. I love it but I really want a DROID. 

My phone is eligible  for an upgrade at the end of next month. Does that mean I can send it in and purchase a DROID at the 2 yr contract price when I'm ready? Or do I need to wait until my contract expires?

Also, when my contract does expire, can I purchase the DROID then and still keep my same phone number?

Thanks a lot! =]

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrading a phone?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

You are eligible for an upgrade because you've fulfilled a large part of your contract. You can get the Droid at the end of next month on two-year pricing by signing on for another two years.

Do not send in your LG Versa ... keep it as a backup. And yes, you keep your number as long as you want to. If your contract ends before you upgrade, you simply go month to month, and you will be free to upgrade at any time.

Another reason to keep your old phone is if you find months down the road that you need to downgrade your plan, for whatever reason, you can go back to using your old phone. (The Droid requires a $30/month data plan, so your monthly charge will be $70+.)

Enjoy your new device when you get it!

0 Likes
meh0007

Thank you!!
You helped a LOT!!! 

Thanks again for your help. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Oops, I was editing as you were replying. I removed the paragraph about annual upgrade, simply because it's so wasteful and taxing on our environment that people get rid of phones every year. But that's just me. But you still can do that, of course.

0 Likes
meh0007

Haha, when I get a DROID I plan on keeping it for a while. :smileywink:

My brother's is amazing and I want one sooo bad. :smileytongue:

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

The Droid is an amazing device! If I use my NE2 credit in May, it will be on a Droid.

Yesterday I was in a VZW store to buy an accessory. Web browsing on the Droid, then on a BlackBerry, is a real eye opener ... nothing compares to the Droid. I had a BlackBerry for almost two years and never realized how slow it is.

There is an Android board in this forum. Check it out ... great people and useful info there.

0 Likes