Usage Controls in 2012
LTFCMF1

Usage Controls see this is a really old thread but it is now June of 2012, (about 2 years past the last time someone posted on this thread) and I would just like to add my input to this.

I have usage controls on one of my lines and being that we have unlimited text and the phone that is under usage controls is not really able to use data (not a smart phone), the only thing I "TRY" to control is the minutes. We have the 700 minute plan and one month, they decided they were going to use about 600 of them.. and we have 4 lines total so that leave the rest of us with 25 minutes each.. and we went over our usage cause I wasn't monitoring it.

I have set their minute usage to 175 minutes and it doesn't stop them from making calls and adding up their minutes until about 203 minutes. This plan need to do exactly as Kevin said and AUTOMATICALLY STOP and incoming or outgoing calls to billable items right when they reach that set limit.

I have talked to verizon 3 times now about this and it is still not fixed. They have said that if you have the limit set to 175 and they are currently at 174 and they decide to make a 15 minute call, it will allow it to put it up to 189 minutes simply because when you are on the phone, it can't end the call because you hit your limit and will let you finish the call. But I have seen them go over the limit about 6 minutes and then make another call making it go over more. Whether they are on a call or not, right when they hit that set limit, it needs to AUTOMATICALLY END the call and STOP and further outgoing or incoming calls from billable items.

<Branched to a new discussion due to the age of the original location >

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Usage Controls in 2012
Not applicable

If you get them to end the call in the middle of the call I certainly hope it's not a 911 call.

These other 3 people on your plan, have they ever heard of personal resposibility?

Another option would be to increase the number of minutes on your plan, or when the new shared data plans start on June 28th, those are unlimited minutes and texts.

Good luck,

0 Likes