Usage controls discrete ?
Laserdave

I am planning on setting up Usage controls on my daughters phone, but I dont want to know about it right away.

Does anything get sent to the phone that would alert her that controls are in place ?

Does Verizon ever call the phone to confirm my request or anything like that ?

Does posting messages on this board send anything to the phone ? (Too late now if it does !)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Usage controls discrete ?
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

You do not have anything to worry about. When setting up Usage Controls, the ONLY alert they'll receive is if you set up a Usage Allowance on the child's device and it will alert them within 15 minutes of reaching the set allowance. We do not call the device to verify that Usage Controls has been set up and no they will not get an alert if you post to the boards. I hope that this information was helpful to you in all ways possible

0 Likes
Laserdave

Very upset.

I tested this out today.

My daughter tried to make a call and got a message that restrictions were in place.

THEN she recieved a TEXT MESSAGE saying that the account holder had put time restriction in place !

WTH ?

Please explain.

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

I do apologize about the inconvenience, but there may have been a misunderstanding when you set up the feature. You have placed a Voice Hard Stop on your daughter's line. This simply means:

• Voice Hard Stop controlled MDNs receive a free text message when within 15 minutes of the allowance.
  • Account owner and controlled MDN receive a free text message when allowance is reached.
  • Account owner can choose whether to restrict additional voice usage (hard stop), or to allow additional voice usage (soft stop), once the allowance is reached. So with this feature on her line, she will indeed receive a text message stating that they have been put in place. 

Hope this helped!

0 Likes
arichard21

Laserdave wrote:

Very upset.

I tested this out today.

My daughter tried to make a call and got a message that restrictions were in place.

THEN she recieved a TEXT MESSAGE saying that the account holder had put time restriction in place !

WTH ?

Please explain.

Maybe you didnt read it all the way through, but she DID say a text would be sent with the limit had been reached.

sHaY_j wrote:

You do not have anything to worry about. When setting up Usage Controls, the ONLY alert they'll receive is if you set up a Usage Allowance on the child's device and it will alert them within 15 minutes of reaching the set allowance. We do not call the device to verify that Usage Controls has been set up and no they will not get an alert if you post to the boards. I hope that this information was helpful to you in all ways possible

0 Likes