Used to love verizon - but very frustrated now with Promotional credits not being received and runaround
crhudy87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Up until August of 2021, I had been very happy with Verizon service, but the runaround I have experienced related to promotions not honored or promises related to that, that either aren't fulfilled or are only partially fulfilled has me beyond frustrated.  I turned in two Pixel 3s in June, and 2 Samsung S8s in July.  All of these qualified online and I verified with the online chat on verizon online that the trade in your phone, go to or be on an unlimited plan, and you will get $800 per line promotional credit over 24 months.  They did say there might be a lag of a month or so before the credits started to appear.  My June order for two S21s as part of the deal was done through the online chat on Verizon.com.  The July was done online directly. 

After nothing happenned and no credits appeared - I contacted through chat,  was reassured everything was okay and to wait. I checked back later and was told the same thing again.  When I followed up again later online, they asked for the information again, then transferred me somewhere else, then eventually they gave me a customer service type number to call. When I tried to call, it was outside their hours, and when I was able to call, the wait times were too long.  I took half a day off work to try to deal with this.  I spoke to someone who told me that the 2 pixels traded in as part of the offer the group that handled that shows the phones were checked in a month after I sent them  (I have UPS receipts showing when I sent and also a printout of when they arrived which was about 3 days after I sent them.)  They also said that they had been setup by that group as a ridiculous amount that was no where near the the $800 per line - they listed one for a gift card of $52 and the other for a gift card of $29.  I never received those gift cards either, but they should have been honoring the $800 per line credit over 24 months.  (The status of your trade in order still lists the $52 and $29 as being issued.  They said they would adjust those - which it appears they eventually did.  They also said that the S8s were shown as received and they would be processed correctely for the $800 per line over 24 month credit promotion as well.  

Subsequently, I checked again after getting my next bill, S8s still haven't received credit on my billing statement even though the status of your trade in order site says that they were setup for the $800 per line over 24 months.  I went back to the verizon chat again, was told not to worry, it would be processed.  Now I am about a month later than that chat.  On about 10/3/2021 I did the verizon chat again and they said they would submit a credit request for the $800 per line over 24 months to be setup properly for the 2 lines that it still wasn't setup on.  They said 7-10 days I should hear something.  Today is 10/16/2021 and no word, projection of next bill still shows no credits for those two S8 trade in lines.  I must have had 7-10 online chats related to this issue on the verizon website, a few calls, etc. over the last three months trying to get this fixed.  When you add this up, (not even counting my time to try to figure stuff out etc) I have more than 7 hours at various times trying to resolve.

If someone were to ask me today about Verizon - I would almost have to say to be honest - If you are going to do a phone promotion type trade in - expect either not to get the promo credits, or to have to spend a lot of time on chats and calls to try to get things fixed that seem to be broken within Verizon's system and expect to have to take time off in order to try to get to a resolution.  For most of my friends - if I told them that - they would not do any verizon trade in promotions, and would leave verizon for a better offer - as other phone companies don't seem to have this trade in issue to this type of magnitude based on discussions with my friends.

FYI- I can't tell you how many times I have had to repeat the exact same information where I have to tell whoever on the other end what the submission ID was, the submission date, and all of the above again and again.....

Super Frustrated.  I make it a point to work with businesses that have good reputation and service.  If this continues - a Verizon customer for over 30 years may have to go elsewhere, and tell others the same.

0 Likes
Re: Used to love verizon - but very frustrated now with promotion credits not being received
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important to make sure the promotion is added. We want to look into this. Please send us a Private Message. *Rebecca

0 Likes
Re: Used to love verizon - but very frustrated now with promotion credits not being received
crhudy87
Enthusiast - Level 2

PM sent - including copies of the text from the Verizon Chat box I copied when I did the orders showing that the promo of $800 promo credit over 24 months for all 4 lines was what was to be done. The agents agreed on all 4 phones I was returning, and that my account would setup to get $800 credit on all 4 lines.

Hopefully this was just some error and multiple misunderstandings on the agent's part when I have been trying to get this fixed.  I'm hopeful that this can be resolved to what was promised, and this can just be a bit of a spat, but the relationship continue very good as it was before this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Used to love verizon - but very frustrated now with Promotional credits not being received and runaround
sunsh
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having same issue.  I switched over Verizon as new customer online and had issues with the trade in promotions.  I did get one phone trade in credit resolved after several weeks going back and forth.  Since Aug. 10, 2021, I'm still trying to get the second one resolved.  I've called, chatted, and posted in community; and still can't get the second phone trade in resolve.  Past 4-5 weeks, I get a private message asking for information.  Every time I provide the information, no resolution. 

It is frustrating they were able to resolve one phone trade in promotion but unable to resolve the 2nd trade in promotion.   I've provided IMEI of the second phone, and the two UPS tracking numbers since phones were mailed separate boxes with two submission IDs.

0 Likes
Re: Used to love verizon -
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you  have not had your trade-in promotion issues resolved concerns us.  We want to work together to get this matter taken care of.  Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can assist? *Lisa

0 Likes
crhudy87
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already sent a private message with all the details when I replied to a prior request for a private message.  I haven't seen anything change on my projected bill, or heard anything since I sent the private message. I hope this is being worked on and it is just taking a little time to sort out on Verizon's end.

I hope the other poster on this thread can PM as well, and hope that this gets resolved for them as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you working with us. Please continue on the Private Note we sent earlier so we can take a closer look at this matter for you. ~Vic

0 Likes