Using Message+ with a different provider
consciousness

I'm probably going to leave Verizon for a less expensive service provider (USMobile) (which happens to use Verizon towers). I'd like to find out if I'll still be able to use Message+ (which I currently use with Verizon) in the same way, if it will have the exact same functionality; and specifically if I'll be able to receive text messages to the phone number on laptop when the phone is off (like I currently can with Verizon).

0 Likes
Re: Using Message+ with a different provider
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@consciousness wrote:

I'm probably going to leave Verizon for a less expensive service provider (USMobile) (which happens to use Verizon towers). I'd like to find out if I'll still be able to use Message+ (which I currently use with Verizon) in the same way, if it will have the exact same functionality; and specifically if I'll be able to receive text messages to the phone number on laptop when the phone is off (like I currently can with Verizon).

We'll need a Verizon agent to chime in here, but I would think Message+ is a Verizon product which communicates ONLY with Verizon network servers.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
consciousness

0 Likes
consciousness

The online information put out by Verizon on its website and also app download page clearly states that the person does NOT need to be a Verizon customer. "Anyone with a valid US mobile number can use Verizon Messages (Message+), including non-Verizon customers."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

consciousness, we can definitely help with getting the information needed to continue using Verizon Message+. What is the make and model of the laptop being used?

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

consciousness, we can definitely help with getting the information needed to continue using Verizon Message+. What is the make and model of the laptop being used?

JoseL_VZW

@vzw_customer_support  If you're implying Integrated Messaging with Message+ is available for non-Verizon customers, please explain how.  It should not matter the make/model of laptop.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
consciousness

Message+ currently works fine on my current laptop. Should it also work fine once I switch to a different cellphone carrier? It'll be the same laptop.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon's Messages + app is exclusive for Verizon customers. Other service providers offer compatible messaging apps. - RobertC_VZW

consciousness

This is contrary to the online literature about Verizon Message+.

1) The app store description says, "Now anyone can download and chat with Verizon Messages, even non-Verizon customers (available on compatible devices)." 

2) The Verizon description page on Verizon website says, " Who can use Verizon Messages (Message+)? -- Anyone with a valid US mobile number can use Verizon Messages (Message+), including non-Verizon customers."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Great question. Verizon Message+ will work with non-Verizon users. It is intended to work perfectly fine even if you are not with Verizon. Non-Verizon customers use their carrier’s messaging and data plan for delivery and download over the cellular network or Wi-Fi. Non-Verizon customers are billed under their own carrier's messaging (SMS/MMS) and data plans, for applicable cellular delivery and media download. For more details check out our FAQs: https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/. Let us know if this cleared things up.
0 Likes