Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Using Message+ with a different provider
consciousness

I'm probably going to leave Verizon for a less expensive service provider (USMobile) (which happens to use Verizon towers). I'd like to find out if I'll still be able to use Message+ (which I currently use with Verizon) in the same way, if it will have the exact same functionality; and specifically if I'll be able to receive text messages to the phone number on laptop when the phone is off (like I currently can with Verizon).

0 Likes
Re: Using Message+ with a different provider
jav6
Leader

@consciousness wrote:

I'm probably going to leave Verizon for a less expensive service provider (USMobile) (which happens to use Verizon towers). I'd like to find out if I'll still be able to use Message+ (which I currently use with Verizon) in the same way, if it will have the exact same functionality; and specifically if I'll be able to receive text messages to the phone number on laptop when the phone is off (like I currently can with Verizon).

We'll need a Verizon agent to chime in here, but I would think Message+ is a Verizon product which communicates ONLY with Verizon network servers.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
consciousness

0 Likes
consciousness

The online information put out by Verizon on its website and also app download page clearly states that the person does NOT need to be a Verizon customer. "Anyone with a valid US mobile number can use Verizon Messages (Message+), including non-Verizon customers."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

consciousness, we can definitely help with getting the information needed to continue using Verizon Message+. What is the make and model of the laptop being used?

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

consciousness, we can definitely help with getting the information needed to continue using Verizon Message+. What is the make and model of the laptop being used?

JoseL_VZW

@vzw_customer_support  If you're implying Integrated Messaging with Message+ is available for non-Verizon customers, please explain how.  It should not matter the make/model of laptop.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
consciousness

Message+ currently works fine on my current laptop. Should it also work fine once I switch to a different cellphone carrier? It'll be the same laptop.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Verizon's Messages + app is exclusive for Verizon customers. Other service providers offer compatible messaging apps. - RobertC_VZW

consciousness

This is contrary to the online literature about Verizon Message+.

1) The app store description says, "Now anyone can download and chat with Verizon Messages, even non-Verizon customers (available on compatible devices)." 

2) The Verizon description page on Verizon website says, " Who can use Verizon Messages (Message+)? -- Anyone with a valid US mobile number can use Verizon Messages (Message+), including non-Verizon customers."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
Great question. Verizon Message+ will work with non-Verizon users. It is intended to work perfectly fine even if you are not with Verizon. Non-Verizon customers use their carrier’s messaging and data plan for delivery and download over the cellular network or Wi-Fi. Non-Verizon customers are billed under their own carrier's messaging (SMS/MMS) and data plans, for applicable cellular delivery and media download. For more details check out our FAQs: https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/. Let us know if this cleared things up.
0 Likes