Using WiFi Password as a Parenting tool
safaritour

I've seen multiple blogs/articles/pins about parents using the WiFi password for parenting tweens and teens.  The idea is that you change your WiFi password daily and you give your child the new password when their chores are done.  Great idea for 21st century plugged in kids.

BUT, it's near impossible because we would need to change the password while being mobile (from my Droid cell) and there needs to be a management system to change all electronics in the house at the same time. 

Is there an App for that?  Perhaps specific to Comcast or Verizon?  Or another carrier? Or for a particular modem/router?

Any help is appreciated.  Thank You,

21st Century Mom

WiFiPasswordparenting.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using WiFi Password as a Parenting tool
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

safaritour,

I am glad to see that you are looking at options to keep up craft parenting techniques. For clarification are you trying to look for an app to change your wi-fi password through comcast? If so, it would be best to contact comcast directly to see what options they have for that. If through our Fios you can reach them here http://on.fb.me/SGYYEM. Each internet provider has there own security options and will be able to inform about best options, if any, to do so. Please keep us updated on this and if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Using WiFi Password as a Parenting tool
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

safaritour,

I am glad to see that you are looking at options to keep up craft parenting techniques. For clarification are you trying to look for an app to change your wi-fi password through comcast? If so, it would be best to contact comcast directly to see what options they have for that. If through our Fios you can reach them here http://on.fb.me/SGYYEM. Each internet provider has there own security options and will be able to inform about best options, if any, to do so. Please keep us updated on this and if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes