VERIZON IS HOLDING OUR PHONES HOSTAGE
Ebd20
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am angry. You people are holding my phone numbers after running my social security number several times to verify my service and then, after telling me that it was working correctly, you shut off all of my lines and refuse to release them. You then have the audacity not to tell me why? You can't take my phone number from me and not inform me why this is happening. I've had these numbers for years, much longer than I've had service with Verizon.

I want MY NUMBERS back immediately.

This is ridiculous.

Re: VERIZON IS HOLDING OUR PHONES HOSTAGE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don't blame you for feeling disappointed by not having access to your numbers. Little by little, we'll turn this around. Your post mentions that your social security number was run several times to verify your service.
How long have you been a Verizon Wireless customer?

What was the phone number that you called where you learned of a refusal to release them?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
kdiehl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is doing the same to me.  They are terrible.  I'm trying to port my number to AT&T because well, Verizon is the worst company on the planet with the worst customer service that has ever existed.  They say NO to everything.  HEY VERIZON  70% of people say they will leave a company because of poor customer service YEP!!!

Twice AT&T has tried to port my number over and verizon denied it twice.

YOU CANNOT DO THAT BY LAW VERIZON.

Maybe you should work harder on your service than scamming people.

I'm angry TOO - HEY VERIZON - maybe you want to stop making your customers angry.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kdiehl,

We are saddened to hear you are wanting to leave our family. In order to transfer your phone numbers to another wireless carrier, you will need to request a Number Transfer PIN. If you have Number Lock enabled for your lines, you would first need to turn that off. This link provides details on everything you need to do: https://www.verizon.com/support/port-out-faqs/

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes