Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
VERIZON OFFER IS A LIE - BEWARE
noe3117

Hi Everyone! Be very wary of Verizon's offers They recently tricked me into buying a new phone and it was actually pretty slick.

First, they texted me saying I could trade in my old iPhone for a new (free) iPhone 13. My old phone worked perfectly and I would not have traded it in otherwise.

After a very long process over the phone, they sandbagged me and told me the new iPhone 13 actually wasn't free. There would be a 2-month delay in the credits for the new phone. So, I would actually be paying ~$60 for the upgrade.

On top of that, I found out after the fact, that I could only get the free phone if upgraded to an Unlimited plan. The representative did not tell me this. And they let me proceed knowing I was expecting a free phone, but that I would not be eligible for a free phone.

I noticed I was being charged for the allegedly free phone that started this entire fiasco the third month (when they said the credit would kick in). I called @Verizonsupport multiple times. Multiple reps told me (for the first time) that I needed to have an Unlimited plan for the free phone. and that since 2 months had passed, I was no longer eligible for the free phone. I was told multiple managers would contact me to address the issue and never heard back.

Again - my old phone was in perfect condition, and I would never have done this if it wasn't for this #verizonscam.

If they did this to you too. Or, if you just want to avoid a company who treats you like this, @Tmobile will buy the phone they tricked you into paying for here:

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/switch-to-t-mobile-from-verizon-or-att?carrier=verizon

@verizon

@verizonwireless

#verizonwireless

#verizon

@Tmobile

Re: VERIZON OFFER IS A LIE - BEWARE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh, no! We are saddened to hear about your experience with your trade in. We would be more than happy to fix this for you. Please DM us, so we can assist?

*Cassandra

0 Likes