VERIZON OUTAGE - BAY AREA, CA
surfrgrl1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since 9/26, the Coastside Community of Half Moon Bay and adjacent towns has experienced a serious outage.  This was following a comcast cable cut that affected both Comcast and Verizon service on 9/26.  Since then, the Verizon service has been intermittent and unusable during peak hours.  Unfortunately the customer service department refuses to acknowledge the problem, despite dozens of people calling in and setting up tickets, which get closed out within 24 hours without explanation.  I have personally spent over 10 hours on the phone with customer service and tech support, and assurion, which Verizon asked me to pay $150 to have a "truck roll" to troubleshoot my device.  Upon replacement of the device, the problem still exists.  Verizon, you are dropping the ball.  

Sincerely,

A customer desperate for an answer and a service I pay a lot of $ for

Re: VERIZON OUTAGE - BAY AREA, CA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Surfrgrl1, having service is crucial no matter where you are and that service is definitely something we want for you. Are you experiencing this with home service or cellular? Which services are affected? Do you receive any specific error messages when attempting to use these services?  LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Renoir367
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I'm experiencing a similar or possibly the same issue in Half Moon Bay, CA. The time frame is exactly the same. My family has two different models of iPhone, and we're unable to place or accept phone calls or do anything reliable over cellular, including data services, from inside of our home. If I move outside and stand in certain areas it works a little better, but not reliably.

Sometimes I can make a call, and then after a minute or two into it, the call just drops with "phone call failed". From most places in our home our phones say, "No Service." When I try to send SMS it says delivery failed. If I leave home and go somewhere else I can resend them successfully. I am not receiving SMS messages either, until I visit another area with better reception, and then they appear after some delay.

I've been putting up with this because I thought it was related to the power outages here, but it's getting to where I need to use my phone for things like paying bills. Please investigate the service in Half Moon Bay. Thanks much!

PS, we've been using the same iPhones for the past 3 years and service has always been good inside of our home until this started a few weeks ago. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Renoir367

I’m so sorry to learn you are experiencing problems with your service in your area as well. I’d love to help.

Can you provide me the nearest cross streets and zip code of the problem location? Also, how far from this location do you have to travel before your service improves?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Renoir367
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply. The nearest cross streets would be Highway 1 and Miramontes Point Rd, in area code 94019.

There's better reception about 2 miles north, towards the main street in Half Moon Bay.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Everything checks out with no current open concerns in your area or zip code. Generally speaking wireless services aren't guaranteed while indoors. Which model device are you using? What happens when you place a call to #832?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
Renoir367
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello again,

When I call #832 I get call failed.

There are actually at least two open concerns reported for this area, by two different customers right here in this thread.

It's not just an indoor issue. When I go outside, the calls are dropping and cellular data is only 1x. Service doesn't improve until I drive North for about two miles.

I've been living at the same address for over 10 years and have always been able to make calls and use LTE level data inside my home until the past 30+ days. Something is very obviously not working with the service in this area.

This issue is consistent across two iPhone 6 models, an iPhone XS, and a Samsung. People visiting report the same issue.

How can we get this escalated? I don't want to switch carriers, but I also can't continue to not have phone service. I can also call into support and go that route, but hoping I don't have to because I'll need to drive somewhere and park where I can get service. Often those calls are very long and inconvenient.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes