Re: VERIZON....no longer the best choice for loyal customers
rcschnoor
Legend

Although I was never on this plan, if I remember correctly, Ann154, this new $10 plan for 1000 messages DID NOT include free messages to other Verizon customers.

So if a customer were to mainly message other Verizon customers, a customer could end up paying MORE if they were to switch to the new plan. Another reason why Verizon should not be making decisions to switch things in a customers plan without the permission of the customer. Also an example of how making a plan change could end up costing the customer MORE money.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

I guess when Verizon stopped alerting customers when they found a better plan for them isn't part of their 'don't change anything unless the customer requests it,' because I don't remember okaying that change.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

rcschnoor wrote:

Although I was never on this plan, if I remember correctly, Ann154, this new $10 plan for 1000 messages DID NOT include free messages to other Verizon customers.

So if a customer were to mainly message other Verizon customers, a customer could end up paying MORE if they were to switch to the new plan. Another reason why Verizon should not be making decisions to switch things in a customers plan without the permission of the customer.Smiley Happy

That would be correct. The new 1000 message counts all the messages no matter what carrier the other phone is on.

I have never worked for Verizon Wireless and I'm certainly not being paid to be here. In fact, I am actually a customer who's account was sold from Verizon to ATT as a part of Alltel/Verizon Wireless merger. My number was forced to transferred to ATT. I CHOSE to return to Verizon Wireless because I could get the level of cellular coverage here and not on ATT.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Haha right. You guys aren't employed by Verizon, you just spend your waking hours defending them in forums. I still disagree with you both about the plan - they should have changed it or at least told me about THEIR change rather than letting me rack up overages. As for the fact that they lied to me, that still remains. Kind of not surprised to find they've stocked their community forum with shills. Seems right up their alley.

>MODERATOR COMMENT: As I stated in another post, you are wrong. The person's you speak of DO NOT work for VZW. They are simply satisfied customer. And they are allowed to voice their opinions, suggestions, and help others.

Any further posts accusing others of being shills will be reports to the Community Administrators for further action. Stay on topic to the question posted by the original poster and refrain from offering your personal opinions, which are incorrect.<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
mediaonepro
Enthusiast - Level 1

>Duplicate posted deleted. Cross-posting is not permitted.<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

I'm also upset with Verizon.... and a 14-15 year member here. So I wanted a new phone but, want to keep my unlimited data. Yes, maybe I am the only one but I refuse to let Verizon charge me more for data, when I should have unlimited, as that is what I pay for. I have enough to worry about in life and not have to worry about going over my data just because I want to view another video or play a game on line. AT&T customers get to keep their unlimited data when they upgrade.

So, if you wanted to keep your unlimited data Verizon's answer is, buy it off contract. Sure, spend $550 for a phone that they are selling for $49 on a 2 year contract. iPhone users have it even worse, what's the cost of a iPhone 5, $599-699 ??? Good way to rip off your customers but, this is nothing new from Verizon

All the perks for being a long term customer are gone, No more new every 2, no more unlimited data, no more detailed billing. I will no longer suggest a customer to Verizon.

I really wish I was with AT&T for 15 years instead of Verizon, I could of gotten the phone I wanted and kept my unlimited data. They seem to want to keep their customers happy, Verizon just cares about the numbers, not how their customers feel.

Not applicable

Customer1234567 wrote:

I'm also upset with Verizon.... and a 14-15 year member here. So I wanted a new phone but, want to keep my unlimited data. Yes, maybe I am the only one but I refuse to let Verizon charge me more for data, when I should have unlimited,

You SHOULD? You WANT to have it. No where is it stated you were entitled to unlimited data perpectually. Why should YOU be entitled to unlimtied data and other Verizon customers should't? Are you suggesting you are more special than other Verizon customers? I'm asking.

CelticScorp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so angry with the entire Verizon company right now. When I go into a Verizon store, I expect the people there to be trained and give me accurate information. My senses told me to go to the store to speak to someone IN PERSON and I was given misinformation and now I am locked into paying for a phone that is not being used until October 2014!!  I just called customer service and spoke to a very nice woman who basically told me there is nothing she could do but I could go back to the store since they gave me misinformation and see if they can help me. I have been a Verizon customer for at least 10 years and I am sure not to renew my contract when the four phones on my plan reach their contract completion date. I am so livid right now. Three of the 4 phones will have either already reached or will have reached their completion of contract by this March (2013) and I am sure to be leaving Verizon. I am so angry and disappointed!! They screwed up in the store and gave me wrong information to my face and now I am stuck paying for a phone until October of 2014 that I am not using!! I will be leaving Verizon in March and in the end they are going to lose a whole heck of a lot of money from me!

0 Likes
Not applicable

When I go into a store with SALESPEOPLE who work on COMMISION my senses tell me to be wary of what they are telling me. If you go into a Best Buy and you get a TV, not only will they try to talk you into getting a more expensive TV than you wanted to get they will also try to sell you things like a $100 HDMI cable when a $5 cable will work just as well.

0 Likes
CelticScorp
Enthusiast - Level 2

That may be true at Best Buy but when I go to a Verizon store, I expect them to be trained and have the same response as I would get if I called Verizon over the phone. I expect ALL stores/associates within the same company to have the same answers..not different answers depending on who I am talking to at the moment!!  Unacceptable! I realize Best Buy will sell me everything and anything but I am pretty sure when I go to several Best Buys, I will get the same answer when I ask something specific...such as, does this t.v. give me internet access? It's either yes or no.. period. Same with my issue with Verizon, it's either yes or no and their misinformation is now costing me. He told me yes when it should have been no, and he doesn't gain any commission from me by doing nothing, my contract didn't change, was just extended.. he sold me NOTHING new, therefore he gained ZERO commission.